Sign in to follow this  

"FSPlanet is on it again"

Guest Wolf8218

k, about that thing where you say he is stealing somethingi thought he explained to you what he thought of that in your chat?you cant really do anything to him, as he isnt doing anything illegal, and its there for peoples convenience....I CAN download from there, i dont know why you said you cant, its completely free from my POV..youre just denying people another mirror for your files, and as you said he keeps the original readmes, so you still get credit.Life is a design flaw...

>you cant really do anything to him, as he isnt doing anything illegalhttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest Ken_Salter

I do not think it is ethical (or legal for that matter) for someone to take my work and distrbute without my permission when I expressely state that permission is required. It is my work and I say who gets to host it and who doesn't.Further it is HIGHLY questionable when a web site lifts images that are owned by another web site, as was done in my case.Downloading files from web sites that participate in this behaviour gives tacit approval of this type of behaviour....Also, issuing threats against other members of this forum is NOT tolerated. I could care less about your past history with another user, and on these forums you WILL abide by the terms and conditions YOU agreed to when you registered...."(A) The User shall use AVSIM Online's WEB Site and System (here-in-after known as the System) for lawful purposes only. User shall not post or transmit through the System any material which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law, or which, without AVSIM Online's express prior approval, contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services except as may be allowed for within the guidelines set forth for the System. Any conduct by a User that in AVSIM Online's discretion restricts or inhibits any other User from using or enjoying the System will not be permitted. User shall not use the System to advertise or perform any commercial solicitation (except as otherwise noted), including, but not limited to, the solicitation of users to become subscribers of other on-line information services competitive with the System.""D) All material posted in or on AVSIM acquires an AVSIM Copyright. Material found in the forums CANNOT be reproduced, copied or otherwise used without AVSIM's specific permission to do so. Please do NOT copy message content and post elsewhere. "As you can see, all material on this site acquires AVSim copyright. If someone takes material from this site WITHOUT permission and hosts it on their own site, they are violating the Terms and Conditions of this site.

Wolf:>>as he isnt doing anything illegal, and its there for peoples convenience....What??? Of course he's doing something illegal!Making copyright material available for financial consideration (His "First Class" plan) without the authors permission is illegal. Granting the host company the right to sell other peoples copyright material on CDs without their permission is illegal. The problem is not that he isn't doing anything illegal, for he most surely is. The problem is that doing something significant about it would be expensive and time consuming, and have little prospect of financial return.Richard

Guest good1

Sorry - this is just crap!!!and mr. Salter - avsim does do not hold any copyrights of freeware files - although you do your best to control what DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU. stop inflame the community with your rubbish and crap - and tell them about your massive earnings you get out of this - and simply do your best to destroy somebodyelse - to gain the complete and absolute control of freeware online distribution!! and remember author - you keep uploading to this stupid and ruled based on interest of just few software developer - they are only using you!! When are you going to open your eyes??today is Ferdy - tomorrow will be you - this peoople turn against anybody who step on their feet!! they simply want to rule the freeware world - they are crazy - !!!!!Open your eyes - and come out of this ####!!! and do not let those evil forces even get you ever again!!!do not let this evil forum inflamed your mind - ! and those evil moderators - they only talk on the interest of the few who are earning massive financial reward from your work - if you fall into the trap - they will make you their slave!!!

Guest Matt Johnson

For someone known to be associated with piracy of commercial software in our hobby to be saying this is rich, indeed. I have a long memory.Seeya, dude.

Guest Matt Johnson

>You have following message from Wolf8218.>------------------------------------------------------>Subject: ....****ing kid...>Message: youre only ****ing 17 years old (@ the most) so shut>your face the **** up while you still got one..>He has been banned from the Simviation forums for this sort of>behavior, twice infact. Avsim mods deal with him please. Thank>You"Dealt with". Thanks.--M

>and mr. Salter - avsim does do not hold any copyrights of freeware files - although you do your best to control what DOES NOT BELONG TO YOUand remember author - you keep uploading to this stupid and ruled based on interest of just few software developer - they are only using you!! When are you going to open your eyes??do not let this evil forum inflamed your mind - ! and those evil moderators - they only talk on the interest of the few who are earning massive financial reward from your work - if you fall into the trap - they will make you their slave!!!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Key difference is: we (Authors..) choose to upload to Avsim. If we wanted Ferdy Theif to host our files, we'd upload them to his site. The fact his host (VOLFtp) claim ownership to all files on their services and maintain they have the right to place those files onto CD for sale doesn't sit very well with me, or most other people who share freely their files.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

>Sorry - this is just crap!!!>>and mr. Salter - avsim does do not hold any copyrights of>freeware files - although you do your best to control what>DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU. >>stop inflame the community with your rubbish and crap - and>tell them about your massive earnings you get out of this ->and simply do your best to destroy somebodyelse - to gain the>complete and absolute control of freeware online>distribution!! >>and remember author - you keep uploading to this stupid and>ruled based on interest of just few software developer - they>are only using you!! When are you going to open your eyes??>>today is Ferdy - tomorrow will be you - this peoople turn>against anybody who step on their feet!! they simply want to>rule the freeware world - they are crazy - !!!!!>>Open your eyes - and come out of this ####!!! and do not let>those evil forces even get you ever again!!!>>do not let this evil forum inflamed your mind - ! and those>evil moderators - they only talk on the interest of the few>who are earning massive financial reward from your work - if>you fall into the trap - they will make you their slave!!!Hello Mr One Post!! Oh look, it's Mr Ferdy himself! :DHello Mr Ferdy, how are you? :DWhat brings you here? Are you busy r@ping the Avsim file library?! I notice that you have one of my files uploaded to your website ...... a group of "computer enthusiasts" will be taking down your site in week 50 of 2003 ...... :D

Guest jon_151

ROFL! anyone would think he's Ferdy Serena ?We freeware author, choose to upload where we want, if we want and grants only Avsim is the place we use for uploading our files, Ferdy has no right to poach our files, worst of all, he did that without permission.

>stop inflame the community with your rubbish and crap - and>tell them about your massive earnings you get out of this ->and simply do your best to destroy somebodyelse - to gain the>complete and absolute control of freeware online>distribution!! >>and remember author - you keep uploading to this stupid and>ruled based on interest of just few software developer - they>are only using you!! When are you going to open your eyes??>>today is Ferdy - tomorrow will be you - this peoople turn>against anybody who step on their feet!! they simply want to>rule the freeware world - they are crazy - !!!!!
How about this:1. You create a file, for free, you destined it to be at one site and you will ask anyone to ask for your permission to have your file on their site.2. Someone poach your file and worst of all, he/she charge for your file. How would you like it ? they don't give any cents to you, all he/she does is keep the money in his/her pocket.If you never create the file, never have this sort of things happen to you, shutting your mouth off would be good, a lot of us who against FSPlanet and FSFreeware are hoping to put an end to these two sites.Even some payware software developer, they stated to not put their files somewhere else without their permission. Really simple, all we want is people to abide by the EULA we stated and to enjoy our work, all for free, all for our hobby.Simply people who steals freeware and charge for it, are a big threat to freeware community.>Open your eyes - and come out of this ####!!! and do not let>those evil forces even get you ever again!!!>>do not let this evil forum inflamed your mind - ! and those>evil moderators - they only talk on the interest of the few>who are earning massive financial reward from your work - if>you fall into the trap - they will make you their slave!!!ROFL :-lol somebody can call the Jedi Knight to protect Avsim from the dark forces of Darth Ferdy and his evil teams :D

Guest TimD

"Further it is HIGHLY questionable when a web site lifts images that are owned by another web site, as was done in my case."Ken,It's not questionable at all. It is a clear copyright violation. And on top of that it is just plain dishonest. It never ceases to amaze me that a small percentage of hobbiest just can't seem to get a handle on that whole honest-dishonest thing.http://www.fsd-international.com/team/TD_forum_sig.gif

Guest CargoMun

What kinda kindergarten is this turning out to be. Doesnt these trolls read the previous posts??So many authors coming in writing that THEIR work shouldnt be up there.It has nothing to do with AVSim hosts or mods taking the files themselfs and uploading them, wich they havent been doing.I will however say, I dont understand the whole mess about FSPlanet beeing all pay site. It is possible to download the stuff for free although very slow and timeconsuming. Kinda like AllNodes Busy.com (Flightsim.com) isnt it?If he sells the stuff on CD's thats in same line as those gluesniffers who try to pass off things on Ebay really.