Sign in to follow this  
Kepti

FS2004 addon scenery's flickering

Hey,I found this problem yesterday. My addon scenery ground textures are flickering. It's very annoying... It didn't do that in default KSEA airport. I have spotted that flickering at EGLL, EBBR and EKCH (all of them have addon). I can see the flickering when I move around with the camera. They are huge white "triangles" which are located in the ground.???Aleksi Lind

I had scenery flickering and was somewhat brought under control by two differant things. I dropped my FPS from 45 to 26 and I put a fully running "window" of the Garmin 500 GPS into the window of the monitor that was flickering. ( use three monitors). I found that certain sceneries flicker more with differant aircraft than with others. jerrycwo4

Yes I have REX installed, but I had this problem with flickering BEFORE I installed REX. Like I said I fly with three 26" monitors and even with the most powerful computer that I could buy I could still get the flickering. The "system" CPU, Graphic card etc just can NOT keep up. My new computer (4.01 GHz CPU) was made by Jetline and he set it to me with the FPS set at 45 and that's when I'd get flickering in complex views. I experimented with the FPS setting and found that most of the flickering stopped when I reduced the FPS from 45 to 26. Even now with some complex views/ aircraft I get a little but after leaving the complex views the flickering stops. I also found that when the flickering appears , and it's ALWAYS on my right hand monitor ( I have 3). that I can "undock" an active Garmin 500 GPS and drag it over to the flickering monitor and the flickering STOPS immedataly ( but then I found that the FPS drops from 26 to about 10-13. I have learned to live with this situation. My 3 26" monitors are worth it. jerrycwo4

Hi Aleksi!I have a problem with general ground-texture flickering from time to time with different graphics card drivers and some sceneries are particularly bad for it (for example Swedflight's scenery and the freeware Norway Airports collection). One culprit can be that the graphics card is running hot so check that and see if there is excess dust in the computer. Also, try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver software. After that, if you are an nVidia user and you have installed nHancer, make sure that your settings are in line with Nick N's tweaks (here) - they can make a huge difference to performance! You mention white triangles. In low visibility conditions, FS9 really struggles to display the lights textures (spotlights and aircraft landing lights) properly and often renders an ugly triangle rather than the softer-edged texture that is displayed in better visibility. I don't think this can be improved by changing the texture but perhaps turning off "aircraft landing lights" in the menu temporarily will help...Toivottavasti auttaa! :( Geoff