Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Test Mode Build 7600 On Screen bottom Right

Bottom right corner a three line display that says:Test ModeWindows 7Build 7600 :( :( Always there except when covered by another display element.Have all updates2.4ghz, nVidia 8600 256mb

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

When I installed my (legal) copy of Office 2007, I had the same thing happen, although I don't think it said test mode, may have been 'This software not genuine' or something like that. A reboot and all was good again. I think if something modifies the MS licence file (I'm guessing here), Win 7 needs to reboot to read it again?Cheers, SLuggy

Ok, finally got around to trying to remove "thing" at bottom right. It worked. But now a new Microsoft update comes along KB977KB977074. Get error 80070005. from update process. Lots of various thing about error on web but some fixes are extensive. That means dangerous if you mis-type. Anyhow, just to say initial issue fixed Thanks.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA