Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

Getting Carrier'd away

Are there any options for taking off and landing on a/c carriers on 2003..2004?Sorry if it's a dumb question...I'm kinda new at this stuff.Cheers.

Plenty. There are a couple of default carriers in FS2002 (I think ... my default stuff is well buried) but you need to look for Rich Hogen's 'Arrestor Cables'. Latest version is 2.4.0.4. Haven't a clue about FS2004, but I'm sure he'll still be at it.This program will give you incredibly realistic stuff for carrier takeoff and landings, with more carriers, training ground, etc. etc. Go and find it, it's well worthwhile.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Wow, you're right, David ... another reason to hang onto FS2002 for a while! I LOVE my arrestor cables! I just searched on his stuff in the library and most of it has gone, although the original poster might find this of interest:<<>>>>There are also two files allowing landing on the frigates surrounding the default carriers (Maui, San Diego) in FS2002. Go get 'em, pal. Look for cvn70pd2.zip and cvn72pd2.zip.Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontP.S. <<<>>Just noticed it's your first post, Casper! WELCOME!http://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

I emailed Rich Hogan about this issue just a couple of days ago. Flight Deck III is not FS2004 compatible. There are some negotiations along those lines between the authors and Abacus. If the negotiations are not resolved to everyone's satisfaction, Rich Hogan will be selling a FS2004 compatible version himself. To sum up.. there will be a FS2004 version and it will be payware.

Thanks for all the help.. I have carriers all over the place now..No access to catapults or arrestor cables as yet but at least it's giving me some practice in the harrier and choppers...again thanks..