Sign in to follow this  
hals1010

JS41 FMC problems with SIDs

Dear all,a friend of mine and myself are having problems with the first waypoint of any SID. For example, if you dial in the WRB6G departure in EDDV, it will insert the following waypoints:TK092 DV153 DV156 DLE NORTA TOLTA WRBThe "evil" one is TK092, which is about 60 NM off the runway. Having a quick look at the file EDDV.txt, I found the following line:SID WRB6G RNW 09R TRK 092 UNTIL 600 FIX OVERFLY DV153 FIX DV156 FIX DLE FIX NORTA FIX TOLTA FIX WRBSo I guess TK092 shall mean "track 092" (i.e. runway heading of the 09R).Is this a bug in the AIRAC 1001 or is this a general problem with the JS41? Or am I just missing something?Tried on FSX SP2, Win 7 64 bit english, and FSX Acc, Win 7 64 bit german.Thanks,J

The FMS in the JS41 does not execute the TRK 092 UNTIL 600. There's nothing wrong with the SID as written. Best work around is to fly HDG then before changing to NAV mode do a direct to DV153 fix. From there on the FMS should follow the procedure. You could also delete the TK092 "fix" in the flight plan, but in general I just fly the HDG then go Direct to the first fix of the SID; works every time.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,thanks for your answer.Although I agree with you that the workaround is trivial and it's always a good idea to switch on the brain during flying :( , I consider this a bug.I've taken some screenshots that you can access here:http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/2632862/1/PMDG_JS41?h=50c086pic #1: The FMC display just before inserting the SID - looks ok for me (incl. the TK092)pic #2: The map display after selecting "From: EDDV To: TK092". As you can see, the (virtual) 600' waypoint is at 198

The real FMS did not have the ability for syntax like HDG UNTIL ALT, so I don't think of it as a bug except that it will do something with the syntax instead of ignoring it. I recommended during beta that it ignore things it doesn't understand but it didn't turn out like that. I don't know how to solve the problem of having multiple aircraft using the same sidstar "macro language" syntax.Keep in mind that this box came out back before GNSS/GPS was widely used, and only provied fix-to-fix navigation. Although the JS41 will perform the syntax TRK UNTIL RADIAL or INTERCEPT the real one didn't do that. An course or fix intercept had to be done by button pushing instead of set up in the procedures. I think the original Bendix manual was pretty clear on the limitations.

Dan Downs KCRP