Sign in to follow this  
Guest 360kal

TP cache folder no where to be seen

Guest 360kal

i was helping a friend install TP everything went well and everything works well apart from few problems 1. we installed both photo scenery and the cache folder in program files/ms games but only the photo scenery folder is there and cant find the cache folder.2.we are trying to run TP on FS09 and we are getting 20 FPS, all the textures are on max but we getting very low resolution.does anyone know the reasons for these problem. thx.

In Vista and Win7 the Program Files folder may be blocked for this kind of automatic data writes. You should try to avoid this folder for caches in these versions of Windows.

The last time I installed (XP), I didn't have cache folders either; it doesn't matter. You can create it/them anywhere you have space and just make sure that the .ini file refers to them properly. Don't feel like you have to have "cache folder service 1" or any other name - it IS just a name. I have about 10 - 12 for different regions, spread across 3 or 4 drives. Just make the names simple enough to keep them clear in your mind.I use things like: cacheNE, cacheSW, casheAUS, cachePAC, cacheEUN, and cacheEUS, for things like U.S. NorthEast, U.S. SouthWest, AUStralia, PACific, EUropeNorth, EUropeSouth... etc. The World Scenery folder has to stay where you installed it until you re-install, but caches are at your discretion. BIG caches take much longer to defrag and you might delete something you didn't intend to when doing housekeeping. I'm about to reinstall (again) for Win7 and put the scenery folder and caches on a dedicated HDD... but as I'm keeping XP, I'll have to install once for each system to the same physical location so both will use the same files. Oh, bother....Loyd