Sign in to follow this  
turner112

ACOF performance on PIII 1.2?

Just wondering if anyone's tried it on a system like this - It's a PIII 500 upgraded to Tualatin 1.2 with 360 mb ram and a Diamond Viper 770 32 Ultra vid card.Thanks!Andrew

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There are a bunch of good suggestions floating around...(see the post on "clouds eating my framerates alive" nearby...)I have an Athlon 900, Radeon9200, 512Mb DDRAM, WinXP home) and am living comfortably at 15fps. I have sliders around half or higher, with cloud details on. The main suggestions I've seen so far are...Windows Me had some memory usage issues, hurts FS2004RAM is good, 512 recommended, Win XP works well tooResolution has an impact. I too lost much jumping to 1280x1024. I live at 1024x768...Some high end video cards have issues at the moment...drivers matter.Use the sliders...fact is that many of us can't simply shove all the sliders right and expect acceptable performance. Tweak and fiddle with the settings, you'll find a happy place there somewhere.15fps isn't bad. I have to look very hard to see any frames. I lose some on the ground at the detailed airports (all the gates, vehicles and such) but easy and gentle taxiing takes care of most of the problem here.Get it, tweak it, and enjoy it. It's a beautiful sim, not perfect, but much better.Dave J(still have 2002 loaded, it's been so good to me, can't just "let it go"...)