Sign in to follow this  
Elsmoko

Win 7, 64bit Multiple Graphics Card Support

To all,Does Win 7, 64bit support the installation of multiple graphics cards / drivers of differing manufacturers on the same motherboard (ie Nvidia and ATI)? The intention is to use only one of them at a time > never simultaneously. Which one is used would be application / game dependent. If this is possible, how is the switch accomplished ("on the fly" in Win 7, in the BIOS during system startup, or ?) Thank you, Ken Boardman

Ken Boardman

I don't think so, I can't imagine how that would work... I could be wrong though. The drivers could theoretically coexist, I never saw the startup possibility for the two.

I don't think so, I can't imagine how that would work... I could be wrong though. The drivers could theoretically coexist, I never saw the startup possibility for the two.
Thank you for responding Word Not Allowed. I know how strange the question seems (is ~:)How do you like the way FS runs with your GTX 285. Your system specs look excellent!! When I'm putting together a new system and I always seem to struggle mostwith graphics card selection :( Can you tell ? LOL!!Ken

Ken Boardman

I'm very very happy with the GTX285. It's all that I've expected, both FS and other games. They all run much faster. The card is pretty quiet too, compared to my old 8800GT. My biggest problems in FS - clouds and high AA/AF have both been solved - the card crunches basically all normal FS situations with ease. Something 8800GT had troubles doing at times...I would just recommend Nvidia at this point (either wait for Fermi or get the GTX285), I find ATI to be vastly inferior (only from what I read on forums), many people reporting errors - I am yet to see one with my GTX285.Regarding system specs, they are OK, I am about to build the i7 this week, I am hoping for the major boost, especially in FSX.

Many thank for sharing your thoughts and for the hardware tips Word Not Allowed. Best of luck with your i7.Ken

Ken Boardman