Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Dreamfleet 310 - Anyone have it working in FSX?

I've been thinking about purchasing the Dreamfleet 310, but see it is only available for FS2002/FS2004. I've had success converting other aircraft over to FS-X and I am wondering if anyone has tried converting the 310?Regards,John

I've been thinking about purchasing the Dreamfleet 310, but see it is only available for FS2002/FS2004. I've had success converting other aircraft over to FS-X and I am wondering if anyone has tried converting the 310?Regards,John
I did try it, but lots of things in the model did not work... Nice plane, for FS9.Have you looked at the Carenado Seneca or RealAir Duke?Two great twins for FSX!

Bert

I did try it, but lots of things in the model did not work... Nice plane, for FS9.Have you looked at the Carenado Seneca or RealAir Duke?Two great twins for FSX!
I have both the Seneca and the Duke, and I could not agree more--both are great twins!-John

Here you go on porting it over to FSX. This is what I did a long time ago but since other FSX twins have come out since then I no longer have the C310 on my computer.DF C310:You must rename your FSX main directory Texture folder. Create a new Texture folder. Run the latest DF C310 installer and change the routing from FS9 to FSX.Copy all contents of the new Texture folder into each instance of the texture.xxx folder (there are two) within the file that is within the newly created Aircraft folder. After that delete the new main directory Texture folder and rename the original back to what it was. Copy the contents of the newly created and modified Aircraft folder to Sim Objects/Airplanes and then delete the Aircraft file.At one time, Dreamfleet released a VC gauge patch for the C310 which made the VC view gauges more clear. You need to install this as per the instructions which replaces all of the Panel.cfg files (4 options ones and the one active one) and also add one line to the FSX.cfg file. Do this before making any other modifications to the Panel.cfg files.The default GPS works fine within this one, however, you can replace it with the Simflyer's GSN530 if you would like to within the Panel.cfg file.The gauges which do not work are the Bendix NAV/COM Radio 1 only (The NAV/COM Radio 2 does work) and the altitude allerter gauge (Most of it works, however, I couldn't get the set altitude to work on it). I used FriendlyPanels GP Pack Bendix NAV/COM Radio 1 (payware) in place of the DF one (you could probably use the FSX default one also, although I didn't try because it doesn't look exactly like the C310 one) and I used the Simflyer's GNS pack altitude allerter gauge in place of the DF one. Do not replace the NAV/COM Radio 2 with the corresponding FriendlyPanel's one. When I tried, it caused the COM pop up not to work. The C310 #2 NAV/COM Radio works anyway. You could always use default FSX aircraft instruments instead of the FriendlyPanels or Simflyers instruments as replacements.Once you get all modifications the way you want them in the Panel.cfg file, don't forget to change the 4 in the options folder as well.In the Aircraft.cfg file go to the Autopilot section. Compare that to the FSX default Cessna 172 Autopilot section within it's Aircraft.cfg file. Delete all lines within the C310 Autopilot section that is not within the FSX Default Cessna 172 Autopilot section and add the one line from the Cessna 172 Autopilot section to the C310's. I had to do this to get the autopilot working with the navigation devices.I don't think the configurator will work and the animations to open the brief case and window visors don't appear to work. Everything else appears good.Hope this helps.Mike

Here you go on porting it over to FSX. Mike
Thanks Mike, that did help a lot!I ported over my RXP version from FS9 and I've got a working C310 in FSX!Still, after flying it in FSX... it does not handle all that well in FSX and looks kind oflike "an FS9 model"... :( Mine is staying on FS9, but getting removed from FSX as well.Thanks!

Bert