Sign in to follow this  

Loosing A/C textures in FS2K4

I was wondering if anybody else has noticed with 2004 that certain 3rd party aircraft will loose some or all of their external and virtual cockpit textures, this especially happens at night.The only two third party a/c that dont are the C310 and C152 which I know were tested in 2004 so thats probably the reason.But the Carenado and the NAMCS YS-11 will loose textures or the aircraft will basically become transparent to where you can see right through it.My specs are P4 2.53, 512meg memory, Nvidia TI4400 using 44.03 drivers.Thanks,Sean

Exactly one of the problems I've been trying to figure out. I get gray VC and AC textures. MontyDell 82002.53 Ghz CPU1024 Mb RD800 RamGf4 Ti 4600 Video (Driver 4467) Viewsonic 21" VP211b Flat Panel MonitorAudigy Sound (Latest Drivers)Seagate X15 15000 RPM 37 Gb SCSI Hard Drive (Dedicated to FS9)Windows XP Pro

I have changed drivers to the old reliable 30.82 but no help they still grey out.I don't see it in 2002 with the same a/c. I'm thinking maybe its the increased 3d content such as clouds and textures that just ends up eating up all my video memory.I'll continue experimenting.Sean

I think I figured it out Monty. Right Click on My Computer/Properties/Advanced/Performance Settings/Advanced Change Memory Usage to Programs mine was set on system cache.Its running out of memory to use I think.Sean

Sean,That did it:-xxrotflmao thank you very much for the sugestion, I don't think I would have ever found that. I can now run with sliders using 90% of FS9's potential with frame rate between 18 and 26. I tried it with heavey clouds a KLAS and got between 8 and 10, turned antialising off and went to 9 to 15. Ive run the fps as low as 3.3in heavy weather with antialising on and heavy switching of views and haven't lost AC or VC textures yet. This is like a new Sim.Thank you again,Monty

Hi,I have encountered exactly the same problem with Rey Lopez Cessna 152, a Cessna C310 and a Vulcanair , all FSDS2 aircrafts.And the solution above does not work. I have more than 1gig of RAMSome of you could help me?Minos

Guest Dakota

Does anyone know what the system cache does and why it would cause lost textures.