Sign in to follow this  
jonster

UNABLE TO OPEN CHILD WINDOW

Hi peeps,I am getting the following error (pop up box) at random, with PMDG 737's and CS757 (so far)UNABLE TO OPEN CHILD WINDOWFS9 then CTD.when in the VC and clicking on the ND display to bring it up in its own window.I have just bought a new gfxcard (ATI) but it is still happening. (I didn't but the card to try and eradicate the problem!) I had a NVIDIA 9600GT before hand.Any ideas?ThanksJonny M

Jonny,Go to the Windows Event Viewer, Windows Logs, Application.Get the "details" (module) on what caused the crash.Scroll down the long list until you see !Error (in red).

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Jonny,Go to the Windows Event Viewer, Windows Logs, Application.Get the "details" (module) on what caused the crash.Scroll down the long list until you see !Error (in red).
it always says fs9.exe is the faulting module.Its annoyting now. i can carry on my flight aslong as i do it in the VC. any open menus or windows and "goodbye"!!

In your FS9.cfg check the entries in the DISPLAY section. If you have more than one card listed delete the one you removed after backing up this .cfg file in another folder. FS might be using the wrong card driver. Just a guess.

In your FS9.cfg check the entries in the DISPLAY section. If you have more than one card listed delete the one you removed after backing up this .cfg file in another folder. FS might be using the wrong card driver. Just a guess.
mmmm, thanks for the reply but this started happening before my new cardJonny M

it always says fs9.exe is the faulting module.Its annoyting now. i can carry on my flight aslong as i do it in the VC. any open menus or windows and "goodbye"!!
Did you check it "this time" or assume it was the same as previously?The first line of the details may say e.g. FS9 failedDown 10 lines it might say e.g. XX aircraft "gauge" file failed <<< that is what we need to know!

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Did you check it "this time" or assume it was the same as previously?
Hi,I've done 3 or 4 flights since my new card. all the same. I've just recreated my fs9.cfg (made a difference) so will see what the outcome is in about 2 hours (as it always seems to happen round about TOD???)thanksjon

Well guys, for future reference.I deleted my fs9.cfg and had a new flight. All now seems well.I'll test again over the next few days.ThanksJon

Well guys, for future reference.I deleted my fs9.cfg and had a new flight. All now seems well.I'll test again over the next few days.ThanksJon
Hi people,Guess what? this issue has reared its head again. This time, everytime I delete fs9.cfg, it does not fix it.Come on, some one must have had "Error creating child window"?? Its a proper error message box so it must be programmed by somebody...Jon.