Sign in to follow this  

VOR Nav

Guest Airbus Man

How do you track a Vor? I can do an ILS landing but I Cant get the Vor to Work for me. I Imputed the Freq. in the nav.1 and nav.2 but couldn't get a direction. what does it mean by Class:Low alt High alt etcAlso in autoland how do you get the plane to flare and touch softly----------------------------------------------------------------------Jordan Age 10 "I am Scottish!!!"Cessna 172 Pilot cau I Wish!:-rotor:-rotor:-rotor:-rotor:-rotor:-rotor:-rotor:-rotor:-rotor

There are three types of VORs - Terminal, Low Altitude, High Altitude. You may have been outside the radiating band for this particular VOR. Visit http://www.navfltsm.addr.com/vor-nav.htm for more information in this area and the limits for each.

I usually fly at altitudes under 10,000MSL, but like the other poster said of the three types, each has a receive cone or pattern. A copy of the Airman's Information Manual (AIM) will help explain this in detail. It is available at any major bookstore or your local FBO.I have noticed in FS2002 that under about 6-7000MSL that the range for an en-route Low Altitude VOR is about 50 NM. This is less than in the real world.To track a radial inbound, tune the station, listen for the identifier being sure it is the station that you want. Turn the OSB knob until you get a "to" flag or arrow and select the course you wish to fly inbound. You can either center the needle and turn to the course or select another and turn to an intercept course. Captain: I thought you lowered the gear!" First Officer: You said YOU were going to do that!"