Sign in to follow this  
drewsaw2

Addon Scenery Missing?

I am having an issue with addon airport scenery not showing up in fs. I have spent some time digging around for a solution on these forums but couldn't find the answer I was looking for, so I thought I'd post one myself and see if I could get some help.I should state that I have already installed airport scenery files in the past without problems in the usual flow, i.e. extract files to the addon scenery folder, add within fs9, restart and fly, so in theory I should be doing everything right. The problem is after I follow all of the install instructions and setup at the particular airport, all buildings, hangers and terminals are missing. There are only runways and taxiways. I have downloaded a few different sets for different airports but am getting the same results with them too.I have messed a little with the addon scenery order in fs2004 so I'm not sure if thats the problem. Even if it is I'm not sure what the correct order is anymore. I have also deleted added scenery I wasn't flying much anymore and might have removed something I shouldn't have. Those are my only thoughts on it. Whatever the case it seems it seems I have done something wrong and my "DIY stubborness" has caught up to me.I'm trying to avoid reinstalling fs2004 altogether so I thought I'd run it by some of you experts first. Thank you.Regards, drewsaw2

CPU: i7-9700KF stable @ 5.0GHz | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti @ stock | RAM: G. Skill Trident Z 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz | PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus | COOLING: Deepcool Castle 240 AIO | PANEL: 27" @ 1080p

Guest nbquidditch
I am having an issue with addon airport scenery not showing up in fs. I have spent some time digging around for a solution on these forums but couldn't find the answer I was looking for, so I thought I'd post one myself and see if I could get some help.I should state that I have already installed airport scenery files in the past without problems in the usual flow, i.e. extract files to the addon scenery folder, add within fs9, restart and fly, so in theory I should be doing everything right. The problem is after I follow all of the install instructions and setup at the particular airport, all buildings, hangers and terminals are missing. There are only runways and taxiways. I have downloaded a few different sets for different airports but am getting the same results with them too.I have messed a little with the addon scenery order in fs2004 so I'm not sure if thats the problem. Even if it is I'm not sure what the correct order is anymore. I have also deleted added scenery I wasn't flying much anymore and might have removed something I shouldn't have. Those are my only thoughts on it. Whatever the case it seems it seems I have done something wrong and my "DIY stubborness" has caught up to me.I'm trying to avoid reinstalling fs2004 altogether so I thought I'd run it by some of you experts first. Thank you.Regards, drewsaw2
Hi Drew which particular scenery?

If you could provide a filename of a scenery which is giving you problems, that would help.I would also suggest that you never extract anything directly to the sim - always extract to a temporary folder first, double check it and read any instructions.Only after you are satisfied that all is in good order should you manually move items where they should go - being very careful not to overwrite anything which you have not backed up.I use that procedure as I was bit once too often by packages which were improperly prepared.

Guest trihelm

Just a thought - you may well have covered it, but if these are freeware scenerys some of them require the download and activation of additional library objects. If the "object" is not in the scenery library it will not show in the sim. Hope it helps.Regards,Rick

Just another thought - Check the setting of your Scenery Complexity slider.As an example, if you have it set on Sparse and the various "missing" objects were created to display at the Normal setting, they would not display.It may be that your slider setting is just too low. Worth checking in any case.

Hey thanks for all the quick responses guys! It turns out it was only a matter of increasing the complexity slider from sparse to normal like you suggested Opa. Thank you. Not sure how I managed to overlook that, but thank god for these forums. I wont be waiting as long to ask a question next time. Case Closed.Drew

CPU: i7-9700KF stable @ 5.0GHz | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti @ stock | RAM: G. Skill Trident Z 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz | PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus | COOLING: Deepcool Castle 240 AIO | PANEL: 27" @ 1080p