Sign in to follow this  
jjf

question on setting weather in different timezone

Hi,I have a question on setting weather in timezones. I am (physically) located in Sydney, Australia which is GMT+11 as of today. If I am flying in my morning but my sim flight is in europe the weather that gets downloaded is weather in the middle of the night for Europe. It's really confusing! Example:- my local time is 8am AEST = 9pm GMT. If I run ASA then this is the weather that is downloaded, i.e whatever the weather in London (say) is at 9pm the night before. - now say that my sim flight leaves at 11am.- the weather that I now have is wrong for my sim time as it is weather for 9pm not 11am.So how can I get ASA to download the weather for the correct sim time of my flight? I hope this makes sense.ThanksJonathan

Hi,If you want the current weather in ASA and FS, no matter where you are flying then you set ASA and FS to use Real Time/System time.Then no matter what, the actual real time weather will be used.

Following this logic, changing to sim time, means that ASA will use different weather - not current one, but somehow... historic? Is this correct? If this is not the case, than what is the difference?

Tom Link

Hi,No, if ASA is set to Force to Real time then that is the data that will be sent to FS. FS can be set to whatever time you want. That was more important way back when and I should not have even posted it!