Sign in to follow this  
Guest rdg

Newbie - Install Questions

Guest rdg

Hi,I bought xplane 9 dvd's about a year ago or so but never did install it. What is confusing is I have another set of disks (6 or 7 of them) which only show a picture of a flat world map with an area highlighted. Being the brilliant person I am, I discovered that this is scenery for x-plane (-: Since the install disks for v9 also contain scenery, I was stumped as to which disks contain the latest scenery. I actually tried the U.S. scenery from both sets of disks, but could not see any difference.I also had an issue with some of the files during install that did not get copied due to an error stating input/output error. I noted a couple of the files and I was able to copy them manually from the DVD to my desktop. Not sure what the issue is with this.Would appreciate a little help from whomever has some time to explain. RegardsBob

Hello Bob,Though I've owned Xplane9 since last year. I'm still a newbie at it as I fly mainly Flight Unlimited(lots) , FS2004 or FSX(rarely). Here, I'll describe my X-Plane DVD's.I purchased mine from a Best Buy store. It's the Laminer Research/Graphsim version.DVD1: This is the DVD that should stay in the dvd drive when flying the sim. It's title is "Disc1 X-Plane 9 Program plus U.S. Scenery v9.0.0"DVD2: Disc2 Europe and North Africa Scenery v9/0/0 (optional install)DVD3: Disc3 Central Asia Scenery v9/0/0 (optional install)DVD4: Disc4 Africa and India SceneryDVD5: Disc5 Canada and Arctic RegionsDVD6: Disc6 Central & S.America and Australia SceneryYou said you had to maually copy some files from one of your DVD's; I had to do the same myself. I suppose a Graphsim production error maybe? But X-Plane run's fine.The disc's you describe that have the highlighted region maps on them sounds to me are the FSGenesis Mesh Disc's for FS2004 and/or FSX. That how mine appear.I hope this was helpful,jimb

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

It's possible you have a set of graphsim discs, and a set of laminar discs. In the end the scenery would be the same in that case on both sets of discs.