Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

One odd thing with FSX and W7

Is it just my rig or has anybody else had this happen? Everything works great for me with FSX and W7 except for one thing, when I go to save a flight plan I can only use the TAB and ENTER keys, I can't click SAVE with the mouse like I always use to or FSX freezes. What's that about ? Does anyone know or even heard of this? I cannot for the life of me figure this one out. Any help would be appreciated. I've searched several forums but no mention of this problem. Otherwise FSX with Acceleration is great on my new I7 965 @ 3.20 GHz rig with the Nvidia GTX 295 video card. I've got 6MB of ram.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Is it just my rig or has anybody else had this happen? Everything works great for me with FSX and W7 except for one thing, when I go to save a flight plan I can only use the TAB and ENTER keys, I can't click SAVE with the mouse like I always use to or FSX freezes. What's that about ? Does anyone know or even heard of this? I cannot for the life of me figure this one out. Any help would be appreciated. I've searched several forums but no mention of this problem. Otherwise FSX with Acceleration is great on my new I7 965 @ 3.20 GHz rig with the Nvidia GTX 295 video card. I've got 6MB of ram.Lee
Ok here! However I am not using Acceleration.I have had Menu freeze problems in the past with nVidia drivers. The last few have been ok. Currently using 196.34.What motherboard and memory are you using?

Guest firehawk44
I have Acceleration installed and had no problem making a flight plan at the setup screen and saving but, when I went into FSX, opened the menu screen, clicked on flight planner and made another flight plan, I could not save it. It just froze with everything blacked out. When I hit CTRL/ALT/DEL, the task manager stated FSX was not responding. It appears to be a memory issue for me. I always make my flight plan at the setup screen and never do it within FSX so it's really not an issue for me.Best regards,Jim

Guest firehawk44
Okay Lee, I've been seeking a fix ever since you brought this issue up. I got one major crash today flying from KSFO-KDEN in my PMDG 747-8i when I had to pull up my IFR flight so I could land at KDEN w/ATC. As soon as I went into the flight plans, FSX crashed. Everytime I had a crash I checked the Event Viewer for a cause and it only stated FSX stopped working with no other details. But today, it gave me a cause - the file d3d9.dll caused the crash. The d3d9.dll is located in the main FSX directory and belongs to the program EMBserie_for_MSFS, a freeware addon to enhance the scenery. So I deleted the enbseries.ini and renamed d3d9.dll to .old and restarted FSX. Right away I saw a much better and smoother loading of FSX and the loading of a flight plan was almost immediate. After hitting the Fly Now button, the sim responded much faster than usual and I made a short flight from LAX to Bob Hope International. After landing I pulled up the flight planner while sitting on the runway and loaded a new flight plan from KIAD to KJFK. It was fast and wa-la, I was sitting at KIAD. I have never had any problems with the EMBserie program but evidently it is not compatible with Windows 7 and/or the latest Nvidia drivers. You do not need the d3d9.dll in your FSX directory so it can be deleted if you so desire. If you have this excellent program installed on your system, I recommend you disable it and see if that fixes your crashes. Best regards,Jim

Jim, I checked out my FSX directory. I have nothing by that dll name there. I don't think I have the program you mentioned. However, I think you are on to something, that some module or something that is not compatible with FSX is causing the problem. I am going to work my way through the list and shut off each addon program and see if one of them is the culprit. I already tried UT2, but it is not the cause.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090