Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wardp

Cannot Change Airline Name or Flght No in FSX

HiI have been looking for a solution to this problem but as yet not found one so I would be grateful for any suggestions.I have W7 installed on my C Drive with FSX on a separate drive, my login is in the administrators group and the UAC is turned off. Access permissons for the FSX folder and all subfolders is Full Control for the adminstrators and also for my own account. I have also run FSX as an administrator. Despite all this I cannot make any changes to the aircraft Airline Name or Flight number and make them stick in the FSX program. If I change these details then click OK then re-open the details screen they have reverted back to the original settings. I have to change these details by editing the aircraft.cfg file directly which works in all cases except one. The LevelD 767 aircraft number 19 in the cfg file. The thumbnail shows American, in FSX I get Amercan, the CFG file says the ATC version is American but the FSX details screen says the airline is United. So I changed the entry 19 in the cfg file to the BA version and as with the American plane all the details are correct for BA except the FSX aircraft details screen which shows the airline name as United. In both cases FSX ATC refer to the aircraft as United.Have I missed something or has United bought AA & BA? I have worked around the second problem by putting a United version as entry 19 in the cfg file but I don't understand why this happened and I still cannot change the details from within FSX.Any ideas please?RegardsPhil

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I believe the reason is because this file is stored in the Users/Username/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX/Simobject/Airplanes/Whateveraircraft/state.cfg file.You can edit and save it to desktop, then copy and paste back into the appropriate file.Here is an example.

[engine.0]accumulated_time=119.398130[FltSim.8]atc_id=N91SMatc_id_enable=1atc_airline=SOUTHERN TIER AIRWAYS
You can edit all the appropriate sections.

Thanks for that but FSX should be updating ths file with the changes I make in the FSX Aircraft details which it is not doing. Must look into this further but for now I'm just trawling through the cfg files and correcting them where necessary - something I always meant to do.RegardsPhil