Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dan6936

Adding Memory Question

I read somewhere that FSX, Whne FIRST installed reads the computers memory and loads this data, along with graphics card, CPU etc.......I recently installed 1 GB of Ram and I get slow downs or freezes periodically when using FSX (flying UA Super 80), (this is why I added memory. ) My question is...Do I need to Re-install FSX to read the Larger MEmory???? thanx Dan(Not the best Computer:Windows Vista 323 GB Memory

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I read somewhere that FSX, Whne FIRST installed reads the computers memory and loads this data, along with graphics card, CPU etc.......I recently installed 1 GB of Ram and I get slow downs or freezes periodically when using FSX (flying UA Super 80), (this is why I added memory. ) My question is...Do I need to Re-install FSX to read the Larger MEmory???? thanx Dan(Not the best Computer:Windows Vista 323 GB Memory
Hi Dan,I just noticed that noone had answered your question. I am no expert on FSX but I have just installed RAM memory. I removed my existing 2GB and put 4GB of a faster (shorter) latency RAM from a different mfg. I had 2GB of Corsair TwinX DDR3 CL9 and replaced it with Kingston HyperX 4GB CL7. The system runs better overall and FSX also runs better in Win7 64. I do not believe you would want to re-install FSX just by changing RAM. FSX has not behaved oddly or worse since I changed my RAM, and in fact, runs better. However, I still have issues with CTDs when playing with the menus but this has nothing to do with changing RAM but a known and nasty issue in Win7 and FSX.Hope this helps.John