Sign in to follow this  
Guest MelvinRafi

FS2004 Display questions

Hi folks! I received my copy of FS2004 today (UPS are really fast) and have experienced several "issues" so far, most of which I hope are solvable.First, when I'm somewhere above the ground, around 2000 feet and above, all the textures and objects have super sharp edges. FS2002 was fine without me having to adjust anything. How do I smoothen this? I really want to avoid switching on AA due to the FPS drop.Second, no matter what I do, I absolutely cannot set "water effects" to high. The sim just forces it into the "low" setting. I have not been able to get reflections on the water, or any animated water yet.My system is a...Pentium 4 2.0 Ghz1024 MB RAMnVidia GeForce 4 GO 460 64MBIt's a laptop by the way.Overall it's a great sim with nice new visuals. Does anyone have any advice on solving these issues?:) Melvin Rafihttp://www.meljet.com

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi, Melvin. I'm not sure I understand your first question. About the second, you're right; to get COF water effects, put the Water Effects slider at max, which will drive the other slider to midway (Land only).Enjoy COF'ing :)

is that card a GF4MX one?If so that's probably the reason you don't see high water effects and reflections. They're (or so I've heard) now implemented in a newer technology not supported by GF2 and 4MX cards (4MX effectively are overclocked GF2 cards...).As to the sharp-edged textures, try a bit of hardware AA anyway and see what the tradeoff is.

Hi guys! Thanks for the replies. I've managed to solve the first one - all I had to do was set the Mip Mapping slider to somewhere around 4 or 5.I have a GeForce 4 Go 460, the one for laptops. I've read that that card is effectively a laptop version of the MX. Does this really mean I won't get water reflections?:) Melvin Rafihttp://www.meljet.com