Sign in to follow this  

Tom --- Please Ship Today !

You have waited long enough. Gates is off counting his money. At least give us a 24 hour break for being loyal AVSIMers. Please,Dick KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest lawyerpilot

As much as I want it too, it is a federal offense, with up to a 30,000 fine per item, for shipping before release date. :)P4 2.81024 DDRAM800 Bus36 gig SATA hardrive80 gig harddriveATI Radeon 9700 ProCH yoke/pedalsElite Multi quadrant19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL -270 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Guest JDH

Must be a good few $30,000 fines due, given the number of posters here how appear to have copies "before the release date."

Not just that, an additional penalty can be blacklisting as a Microsoft distributor meaning you will not be allowed to sell ANY Microsoft products in the future.

They're gambling Microsoft won't enforce the law because they're too large a distributor for Microsoft to loose (or they'll claim it was an individual employee working in violation of company regulations, almost certainly having a piece of paper at the ready stating shipment before the official release is not allowed...).

Do you think MS really cares. If speculation is set aside we have no info that MS ever took punitive steps against a retail outlet. SALES dollars matter. I cannot think of any reason why they would actually block a sale because of an artificial release date. It is all marketing and it worked. They will have many more days of exposure on forums because of "leaked sales". Dick KLBE

regards,

Guest firehawk44

Guess AVSIM heard you. I received my notification this PM that my copy has been shipped and will arrive on Wed. Tomorrow, UPS is delivering my new GeForce FX 5900 Ultra w/256 mgs video card. Like Christmas except it's July...Jim

I saw a rumor that they are on the UPS truck and due at the door in 2 to 3 days.Dick KLBE

regards,

Guest RobA

I just got a call an hour ago from Software Etc that my tinned copy will be waiting for me when they open the doors at 10 AM tomorrow. I didn't even know I was getting the tinned version! :-)Best, Rob