Sign in to follow this  
Guest KAE_PARADOX

Help with REX 2.0

Guest KAE_PARADOX

Hey, I have just bought, downloaded and installed REX2.0 succesfully but when i go to click on the .exe icons it provides it simply just comes up with rex .exe has encounted a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. So if anyone out there that knows a way around this to get it working, or maybe there is something completely different that i have to do your help will be GREATLY appreciated seeing that i paid for something and it doesn't work is a big bummer, so once again any help i can get will be good help, thankyou.

Hi,This may help, taken from their website.

KB20081210-0003 TITLE:Real Environment Xtreme Crashes on start upSEVERITY:SevereISSUE:There have been scattered reports where REX will crash on the initial startup and the user will receive the standard Microsoft Error Report.CAUSE:There can be several causes to this problem and they each require various solutions.1. The original installation of REX has become corrupt.2. The improper version of the .net Framework was installed or has not been installed prior to installation.3. Key data XML files that are required by REX have been modified by the User.4. For Vista Users the UAC has not been disabled and REX can not run under Administrative Rights.SOLUTION:The solutions suggested are all related to outside of REX and may require some work to get operational.Issue #1 - If the original installation of REX has become corrupt it is recommended that the user uninstall REX completely and manually delete any remaining folders left after the removal of REX. Then please reinstall REX. It is recommended that you first verify that you have installed .net Framework 2.0 before installation of REX.Issue #2 - Many have suggested that newer versions of .net work fine with REX, however, we do not recommend that procedure. You must have .net Framework 2.0 installed for proper use and support. You can download the latest update at Microsoft:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=enIssue #3 - Sometimes we have found that the one or two of the key XML files provided with REX have been manually modified or if something failed in a prior operation. If this is the case, the operator needs to uninstall REX completely, remove any remaining folders, and reinstall REX.Issue #4 - REX uses a lot of files to keep its data process correct. To do these operations it needs to have operated under Administrative Control. If you are operation any version of Vista please make sure that REX can operate with the UAC turned off.VERSION AFFECTED:All Versions of Real Environment XtremeUPDATES:NoneRELATED LINKS:
If this doesn't work, you may have better luck logging onto REX's online forum and requesting help there. Here is a link to their online forum.http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/forum/index.php
Hey, I have just bought, downloaded and installed REX2.0 succesfully but when i go to click on the .exe icons it provides it simply just comes up with rex .exe has encounted a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. So if anyone out there that knows a way around this to get it working, or maybe there is something completely different that i have to do your help will be GREATLY appreciated seeing that i paid for something and it doesn't work is a big bummer, so once again any help i can get will be good help, thankyou.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck