Sign in to follow this  
Guest washburn_it

How to get rid of the Virtual Cockpit with FSX?

Guest washburn_it

Hi,I don't know if this is the right section to post, if not I please administrators to move it to the correct section, I apologize in advance.I bought an ATI HD5750 that gives the chance to connect 3 monitors.I have only 2 LCD so I thought to set one for the forward view and the other for a lateral view.To set the lateral view "angle" correctly I switch to the Virtual Cockpit but unfortunately it displays the panel texture while I would like a "clear" view.I tried to edit the file "model.cfg" (of the Cessna 172 just to experiment) leaving empty the variable "interior" but when I open FSX the option "Virtual Cockpit" is disabled.I tried to delete all the "VC_Cockpitxxx" section into the file "panel.cfg" but it still displays the texture of the panel.So...what is the way to make a Virtual Cockpit without any textures???Thank you, regards.Roberto

How about just taking the easy route and moving the sideview viewpoint forward a little bit so the cockpit will not be visible? I'm sure that excess 1m won't spoil the illusion.. :(

For true FSX models (such as the C172), simply open the model.cfg file and comment out the xxx_interior.mdl line!

[models]normal=Cessna172SP;interior=cessna172sp_interior

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest washburn_it
For true FSX models (such as the C172), simply open the model.cfg file and comment out the xxx_interior.mdl line!
[models]normal=Cessna172SP;interior=cessna172sp_interior

I already did it but FSX disabled "Virtual Cockpit" from "Views Menu" so that I can't select it (I have FSX Golden Edition).Regards,Roberto

I already did it but FSX disabled "Virtual Cockpit" from "Views Menu" so that I can't select it (I have FSX Golden Edition).Regards,Roberto
In that case, install GMax and the SDK, and create an "empty model" to replace the xxx_interior.mdl. You only need to create one such "empty model" and then copy/rename it as needed for any other FSX aircraft you want... :)It certainly would require no artistic talent or learned skills to draw "nothing!" :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator