Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Anubis

TP crash (OOM?)

I am making experiments with TP... Oddily enough it seems my framerate has increased with TP (yes, I know it seems very odd), maybe it is because AutoGen is now completely disabled and before it was at "very dense" level. Trying to understand the program behavior, I made a very long flight (several hours, I basically let it run and went away), moniting the system performance with Process Explorer. What I saw is that TP virtual size has been growing steadily until it reached the 4 GB limit, and then it crashed. I suspect this is due to the fact is a native Windows 32bit application, therefore can't use more than 4 GBytes. I am using Windows 7 64bit with 8 Gbytes of RAM, when the application crashed there was still memory available to the system.It this a TP issue? I had set limits in ProxyUser.ini, such as:max_contexts=512cache_bytes_limit=256000000cache_tiles_limit=10000Edit: Maybe I know what happened... This is actually funny. When I left the aircraft flying alone, it crashed against a mountain and the flight restarted automatically. As the AutoPilot was engaged and the throttle fully open, the aircraft simply took off and kept flying. However, TP did not understood it could release the previous set of tiles used during the first flight and kept both, running out of memory after a while.Anubis

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

max_contexts=512cache_bytes_limit=256000000cache_tiles_limit=10000I tried various settings for these and found the default setings to be overall the best and most stable (and avoid any crashes).IAN