Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brucek

Fly the Mad Dog 2006

I have Fly the Maddog 2006 on my system and had also downloaded and installed the VC updrade. I see on the web site that MD2006 is no longer available for sale, and is replaced by a subsequent version. Does anyone lknow if this later version is enhanced more than the addition of a VC, when compared to MD2006 (is there any sense in purchasing the later version is where I am going).Thnaks, Bruce.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have Fly the Maddog 2006 on my system and had also downloaded and installed the VC updrade. I see on the web site that MD2006 is no longer available for sale, and is replaced by a subsequent version. Does anyone lknow if this later version is enhanced more than the addition of a VC, when compared to MD2006 (is there any sense in purchasing the later version is where I am going).Thnaks, Bruce.
Hey Bruce,Two questions: 1) do you REALLY need autobrakes, and 2) are you solely a VC flyer.Basically 2008 version gives some nice alternatives to the traditional FMC. These changes are NOT reflected in the virtual cockpit (which is why I ask). What I got out of it was an autobrake and MEL functionality (available in pro). If neither of these is important to you, then I would stick with 2006.My opinion. Hopefully others will chime in with their's as well.

Hey Bruce,Two questions: 1) do you REALLY need autobrakes, and 2) are you solely a VC flyer.Basically 2008 version gives some nice alternatives to the traditional FMC. These changes are NOT reflected in the virtual cockpit (which is why I ask). What I got out of it was an autobrake and MEL functionality (available in pro). If neither of these is important to you, then I would stick with 2006.My opinion. Hopefully others will chime in with their's as well.
Thanks Jeff, exactly what I wanted to know.Thanks, Bruce. (KBJC, we're in the same area it seems :) )