Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allan Burek

FSX CTD Due to terrain.dll

I was hoping that someone with FSX can help me here. I just completed and "upgrade" to WinXP x64 (got tired of PMDG missing textures) and ever since, have been getting random terrain.dll errors leading to a CTD. It usually happens 1-2 hours into a flight. I believe that this is related to Ultimate Terrain USA and Europe (where I have been getting the CTDs, I believe related to OOM issues) but not sure, and internet traffic regarding this is less than helpful. I did the re-install following Nick N's setup guide. I show no duplicate files when checking through the setup tools. Order of installation was:1. Computer related stuff (nvidia driver is 182.50)1a. FSX2. Acceleration3. UTX USA (and patches)4. UTX Europe (and patches)5. GEX6. REX7. Airport scenery8. AirplanesAnd my setup:Asus P5N-DQ9650WINXP x648 GB RAMGTX 275 (driver 182.50)I didnt get any CTDs on a flight today outside of any UTX scenery, so Im leaning toward UTX being the issue. Thanks in advance for any help.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,I am Probably digging up some old stuff here but I wanted to say that I had the same problem lately with my FSX crashing because of terrain.dll (generally after 10-15 minutes ingame)After uninstalling everything FSX related, formatting my FSX partition and then reinstalling everything while doing test flights after each new addon installation I was able to discorver that (for me at least) the culprit turned out to be GEX which is quite a bummer seen the price of that product...I restored the initial backup I made before installing the GEX files and then uninstalled the addon completely --> problem solved (if you leave out the lost-money-for-nothing aspect :( )