Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoop

CTD - util.dll

Just a question that I think I already know the answer to but would like confirmation if possible. I had a CTD after I installed my Reality XP WX500, (the older version), and FS9 threw a util.dll exception when it abended. I'm assuming that the util.dll is the controller or library for gauges but am not sure. So please advise and thanks!MarkA note for John Hinson : The Adventure Unlimited web site didn't have anything that I saw concerning this .DLL...Did I miss it :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

A note for John Hinson : The Adventure Unlimited web site didn't have anything that I saw concerning this .DLL...Did I miss it :)
No - you didn't miss it - it is just one I have never experienced! If you find the answer I would be pleased to add it.Good luck on that.John

So we can add to the knowledge base...I removed the WX500 references from the Cessna 337 I was flying and wallla...no more util.dll exceptions. Hummm...interesting :)Mark

So we can add to the knowledge base...I removed the WX500 references from the Cessna 337 I was flying and wallla...no more util.dll exceptions. Hummm...interesting :)Mark
Hi Mark,Thanks for that, I have added a note on my web page about that. I don't know anything about this gauge so had a little search on Google and it seems you are not alone with having crashes caused by this gauge, one comment I noticed suggested that it would not work with Windows Vista - I don't know what Windows system you have? As it is a payware product (I think?) I would suggest a word with the developers to see if they have solutions.Best wishes,John