Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Fantomas

Newbie Question

Hi there everybodyI am slowly getting to grips with FSX. I like to fly domestic routes in the UK at the moment mainly out of Manchester. I have managed to work out how to follow a course etc. and pick up an ILS signal using the NAV1 radio etc. I think I generally understand the theory behind an ILS approach and intercepting the localizer/glideslope but I am constantly missing this interception and overflying the runway. For most of the flight I have GPS mode enabled and I follow the ATC instructions (is this where I am going wrong ?). I am getting a bit confused with when I have to switch to NAV mode and hit the APP HOLD button. I have managed to do it once but not really sure how.I am intending on going back and starting the tutorials to re-inforce how to do it but I would like to be able to do a couple of landings whilst I'm learning.Thanks guys

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If I've posted this in the wrong forum can someone let me know or if possible move it to the right area.Cheers

You must enter the airport specific ILS code into your nav radio. And all too often you have to ignore ATC, they

Assuming default aircraft (not addons) I think you do have to switch to NAV and also be sure to have the APProach button pushed (lit up). If you do this while flying below (that's important) the glide slope and a mile or two before intersecting the ILS, the A/P should track just fine. Try it at one airport for a while - fly the pattern without any GPS or anything, and just get used to the feel and sequence of capturing the ILS and G/S - you can do it with just a little more practice.Have fun!Cheers!