Sign in to follow this  
ofentress

ATC and into the wild blue yonder

This is a problem I haven't seen for many years. I'm curently using FS X with SP 2.Here's the problem. I've created a flight plan from New Orleans (KMSY) to Fort Lauderdale (KFLL). I used both the FSX flight planner and also made one with Flight Sim Commander(not together obviously). Using the FS planner, there are no problems until I get to Ft. Lauderdale. ATC begins to vector me in to a runway (30R), but eventually after heading me out to nearly the Bahamas, the flight plan is cancelled. Same thing with the FS Commander plan. I've tried both the Level D 767 and The CLS 767, thinking that maybe it was an aircraft problem, but the same thing happens. KFLL is the FS Dreamteam scenery and KMSY is the default scenery. I've flown other plans into Ft. Lauderdale in the past with no problems. I've also deleted these plans and made new ones all with the same result.Seems to me I've seen this on the forum a long time ago but can't find an answer. Hopefully someone out there can figure out what's gone wrong.Jack

This is a problem I haven't seen for many years. I'm curently using FS X with SP 2.Here's the problem. I've created a flight plan from New Orleans (KMSY) to Fort Lauderdale (KFLL). I used both the FSX flight planner and also made one with Flight Sim Commander(not together obviously). Using the FS planner, there are no problems until I get to Ft. Lauderdale. ATC begins to vector me in to a runway (30R), but eventually after heading me out to nearly the Bahamas, the flight plan is cancelled. Same thing with the FS Commander plan. I've tried both the Level D 767 and The CLS 767, thinking that maybe it was an aircraft problem, but the same thing happens. KFLL is the FS Dreamteam scenery and KMSY is the default scenery. I've flown other plans into Ft. Lauderdale in the past with no problems. I've also deleted these plans and made new ones all with the same result.Seems to me I've seen this on the forum a long time ago but can't find an answer. Hopefully someone out there can figure out what's gone wrong.Jack
I just happened to fly this flight last night, and didn't have any problems. I don't think it proves anything though, because I don't have the Dreamteam FLL scenery. Also I was assigned runway 27R, not 30R. This problem normally occurs when ATC is overwhelmed. It happens to me a lot flying in to KDFW! What Traffic program if any are you using? I just changed to Ultimate Traffic 2 from WOAI.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I just happened to fly this flight last night, and didn't have any problems. I don't think it proves anything though, because I don't have the Dreamteam FLL scenery. Also I was assigned runway 27R, not 30R. This problem normally occurs when ATC is overwhelmed. It happens to me a lot flying in to KDFW! What Traffic program if any are you using? I just changed to Ultimate Traffic 2 from WOAI.
Well, I'm using UT 2 also. Never had problems with it. I do have the aircraft at 100% though. I wonder if I back off a bit, to say, 70% that might make a difference? I'll give that a try.Thanks for the response.Jack

Guest -BeNt-

Yeah back it off a bit and try it. I use MyTrafficX and the author of that mod says 35% with his traffic program is supposed to be pretty close to realistic traffic. I normally run mine between 35-50% depending on where I'm flying into.

Yeah back it off a bit and try it. I use MyTrafficX and the author of that mod says 35% with his traffic program is supposed to be pretty close to realistic traffic. I normally run mine between 35-50% depending on where I'm flying into.
Hi:I'm using My Traffic 2010 with FSX Gold Edition. Where are you making the adjustment of 35-50%? This is all new to me.Thanks,David