Sign in to follow this  
woodhick

WIND CALM AT DESTINATION

I have been experiencing for quite a while now (several weeks) nothing but calm winds at my various destinations in OZ and then throughout Indonesia and the Philippines. In searching the forum for topics which might shed some light, I find there is mention of an upcoming service pack which might address this issue (remember when we called them "problems"?). Is this still the case? I haven't made any changes in my ASA settings in months and when I left the U.S.A in mid-December all was well. In fact, all was well until I hit OZ itself.ASA, FSX, Dell XPS 730.

Hi,Not sure what case so I'll name 'em all!Yes, this is the case with some advanced interpolated stations, so not your settings. If these are "live" stations, then let me know and I'll take a look at the data.Yes, we are working on the next SP and this is one of the worked on issues/problems.

Thanks for the quick response Jim. I'm not at all sure how to tell if something is a live station or not but I tend to think I have been seeing a lot of "advanced interpolation" involved in my flight plans on the briefing screen. If it isn't clearly labeled "this is live" then I'm pretty much in over my head. I'm in the PHD (Push Here Dummy) category of flight simmers. FWIW, I have been doing a lot of long distance (1500nm in a light twin) over the open ocean.

Hi,On the AS Report screen, under the textual conditions portion, look at the METAR line. If it ends with ADVANCED INTERPOLATION that means it is not "live" data, but a combination of conditions from surrounding stations.

Hi,On the AS Report screen, under the textual conditions portion, look at the METAR line. If it ends with ADVANCED INTERPOLATION that means it is not "live" data, but a combination of conditions from surrounding stations.
Oh that ADVANCED INTERPOLATION. Yeah, I've been seeing that almost all the time what with the remote airports I usually fly into. Not a problem then. Bring forth the long awaited service pack :( , and we'll all rejoice.

As a follow on, this morning I landed at an airport for the first time in a long while that actually had its' very own wx reporting station. All was well with winds and barometric pressures. Awaiting the next service pack.