Sign in to follow this  
Guest jez

Missing trees

Guest jez

Hi all I wonder if someone can help.I have recently lost my FS9 trees. FS9 loads no problem. However when I fly I have no default FS9 trees. During night time flying I get a brief flash of boxes where the tree would be but no tree filling that box. Flying during the day there just aren't any trees at all, if that makes sense! I recently removed some software that I do not have backed up, stupid yes I know. Is there anyway of replacing the FS9 trees with the ones from the .CAB files or disks.Thanks for taking the time to read and thanks in advance.

Hi all I wonder if someone can help.I have recently lost my FS9 trees. FS9 loads no problem. However when I fly I have no default FS9 trees. During night time flying I get a brief flash of boxes where the tree would be but no tree filling that box. Flying during the day there just aren't any trees at all, if that makes sense! I recently removed some software that I do not have backed up, stupid yes I know. Is there anyway of replacing the FS9 trees with the ones from the .CAB files or disks.Thanks for taking the time to read and thanks in advance.
What settings are you using for Autogen Density and Scenery Complexity - they should be at Normal or higher. (Settings/Display).If there are no issues there, then the tree textures are normally found in your main Texture folder.They have names starting with the word tree. If they are missing or have been corrupted they can be restored form the install disks.This link may be helpful in that regard:http://205.252.250.26/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1241545570I also recommend fs9cddir.zip - compiled by Brian Collins (available here in the library)This is an Excel format listing of all the files on your install disks. A great resource to keep handy.Hope that helps.