Sign in to follow this  
misgav

back to my old love

After having abandoned FLY!2K for years, I decided to to reinstall it.A couple of questions-1. After putting in the first disk, nothing hapened. I opened up the disk, hit the install exe, but no response.2. Assuming I solve step 1, what about DirectX issues. Will the install roll back my current DirectX version ( i think I have 9) and cause problems in other software?Eytan Ornstein

After having abandoned FLY!2K for years, I decided to to reinstall it.A couple of questions-1. After putting in the first disk, nothing hapened. I opened up the disk, hit the install exe, but no response.2. Assuming I solve step 1, what about DirectX issues. Will the install roll back my current DirectX version ( i think I have 9) and cause problems in other software?Eytan Ornstein
Hey Eytan - welcome back!If you are using the original Fly!2K and not Fly! II, sometimes the installer did take a seemingly long time to actually do something. What operating system are you using? Remember, the program was originally written for Win 98. The installer should not corrupt your DirectX install. To give you an idea, I got a new computer and was able to load / run both Fly!2K and Fly! II without any problems far as installing. For Fly!2K I did have to redo the video card report / build a new VCF file, but Fly! II ran fine. Only problem I have is my screen resolution is a bit higher than either support, so I get a narrower vieewing area. But with a duo-core processor and 4GB of mememory, FPS is not much of an issue any longer. Soooo... be patient with the installer. If running XP, it should not take too long. If its Vista / Win7 you may need to run it under Administrator rights (right click and choose Run as Administrator). Let us know how it goes!Cheers,ken

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster