Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

SimConnect Problem - My Fault - Need Help

I initally had a problem with ASA and Simconnect and decided to carry out the troubleshooting procedure on page 56 of the ASA manual and delete the Simmconnect.dll folders in the Windows\winsxs folder. Now my big mistake, I didn't see the note 'DO NOT DELETE v10.0.60905' :( Now reinstalling FSX will not reinstall the REM simconnect.dllCan anyone offer a solution please, it took me a week the last time I reinstalled the OS (Windows 7 Pro x64).Glen

Glen

Hi,Start with the latest part of FSX you installed and then keep working backwards until FSX is uninstalled and then try a re-install.

Thanks Jim, but as I said (just after my embarrassed face) I have already tried a re-install of FSX.Glen

Glen

Hi,I did read that, but wasn't sure if you had worked back-words.You can try to unistall FSX, manually delete all the Simconnect folders and then reinstall FSX.After that the only other thing I know is a fresh install of your operating system.

Thanks Jim, I opted for the Win 7 reinstall.With all the windows updates I had forgotten how long it takes, I haven't even started loading FS2004 and FSX yet. I will be loading FS9 first then FSX, does that make sense.Glen

Glen

Hi,The order of FS installs does not make a difference!

Hi Glen,On my last clean install of everything, the 'disabled' section of my simconnect.xml was showing 'true' for some reason. Hadto manually set it to false. Should read <disabled>false<disabled>.maybe helps.David.

DavidThanks for the info, I'll check it.Glen

Glen

Sorry Glen, I assumed you had a network setup. The simconnect.xml might not be a factor for you.David.