Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

Here's one

Now this might be a real stupid question, I have never had an issue with this until last night flying in to SKBO, I had to maintain 11300ft, I could not enter that, I could go 11000, 11500, 10500, above 10000 the alt selector goes up in increments of 500. Am I just doing something terribly wrong.

Anybody :(
Same problem here but I have flown into SKBO on Vatsim quite a bit, why where you given that alt restriction?
Same problem here but I have flown into SKBO on Vatsim quite a bit, why where you givin that alt restriction?
Just checked my Navigraph charts and cant see a restriction like that anywhere?Ah I see it... ILS13L 4.8 DME from BOG VOR - Intercept is at 12000ft you should be in descent on the ILS and expect to be at 11300 at 4.8 DME ATC would not clear you to that level

Rob Prest

Same problem here but I have flown into SKBO on Vatsim quite a bit, why where you given that alt restriction?Just checked my Navigraph charts and cant see a restriction like that anywhere?Ah I see it... ILS13L 4.8 DME from BOG VOR - Intercept is at 12000ft you should be in descent on the ILS and expect to be at 11300 at 4.8 DME ATC would not clear you to that level
Ok that explains it, I did not have any charts for SKBO, I just saw in the FMS to be at 11300ft so I tried to dial that in. I was flying online with no ATC they probably would have set me straight. Just never noticed that I could not set flight levels like that before. Thanks for the help Rob. Time to invest in some Charts before I really look foolish :(