Sign in to follow this  
Guest stranex

GPU working correctly?

Guest stranex

Afternoon all,Just a quick question.....how do you know if your GPU is working correctly in FS9!?!With all my recent problems I am beginning to suspect a problem with my GTX260 but when I run it in 3DMark etc it seems fine.....gives better than average scores and you can hear the fan cutting in to keep it down to about 65-70C. However, when I run it in FS9 the temp only goes up to approx 50C so it's either a/ somehow not performing or b/ not being fully utilised as it would be in heavily driven 3D game.I'm not going to list the "problems" I'm having here as they're well documented in my other posts but I'd just be interested to know if this is normally the case.....that the GPU's (GTX2xx in particular) don't work nearly as hard in FS9 as they do in 3D Benchtests? If this is the case then I'll need to rethink what's causing my poor rendering problems!!

FS9 doesn't stress your GPU at all, so it's not working very hard, that's why the fan speed is low as is the temperature.

FS9 doesn't stress your GPU at all, so it's not working very hard, that's why the fan speed is low as is the temperature.
Well I think that depends more on resolution and settings. I'm at 1920x1080 with SS and MS AA and get about 61C with fans turned up to 75%.As for your problems, I'm not really sure what you're talking about as I couldn't find them... :(

The target load temperature for GT200b-based graphics cards is 85 degrees C, so 61 degrees is pretty low on air cooling. I'm sure your fan speed accounts for this though. If you want to see what a worst case scenario looks like for GPU load temps, try FurMark.

Guest stranex

Thanks Guys....at least that's something I can cross off my list then! Now to find the real culprit.........;-)