Sign in to follow this  
Watcher

Radar Contact stops with no warning

Do you mean a different drive than C: or do you mean a folder different than Program Files but still on the C: drive? Also there does not seem to be an uninstaller so how do I uninstall RC?
Watcher,RC does not write any info to the Registry so it doesn't need removing via Add / Remove Programs. You can just delete the RC4 folder and start again. I suggest you install to C:\RC4. Vista tries to protect everything in Program Files and causes problems as you have experienced.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Watcher,RC does not write any info to the Registry so it doesn't need removing via Add / Remove Programs. You can just delete the RC4 folder and start again. I suggest you install to C:\RC4. Vista tries to protect everything in Program Files and causes problems as you have experienced.
Should I also delete the RC4x folder?

Should I also delete the RC4x folder?
If it's inside Program Files then yes, delete that too. I assume you have two RC4 installs - one for FS9 and another for FSX? Install both under C:\ and avoid Program Files like the plague.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Do you mean a different drive than C: or do you mean a folder different than Program Files but still on the C: drive? Also there does not seem to be an uninstaller so how do I uninstall RC?
control panel, program and features, right mouse click radar contact, click uninstalljust like any other windows programjd

control panel, program and features, right mouse click radar contact, click uninstalljust like any other windows programjd
Things are clearly different with Vista and Windows7 to XP. Sorry for the bad advice.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I uninstalled RC and reinstalled in the C:\ drive and have run several test flights. That seems to have solved the problem so thank you all for the assistance. I seem to recall that I saw somewhere a reference to SP3 interfering with writes so SP3 may have been the source of the problem. Even though I have RC working I will still try to research the possible SP3 issue and will report back if I find out anything conclusive.

That's good to hear. Enjoy your flights! :(

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather