Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jim Strenk

Just bought FS2004. What else do I need?

Having just bought FS2004 in the Tin Can with complimentary Corgi model, what else do I need to make FS2004 complete?Any must have applications?I'm also a VATSIM member. What will I need to use FS2004 instead of FS2002 to connect to VATSIM?I've just downloaded ActiveSky wxRE 1.90 and fsuipc 3.00. Am I missing anything?Thank you in advance for your tips, suggestions and errata. :-)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well, you'll need a can-opener, Jim.Hope I've been helpful.Peter Sydney Australia

No need for a can opener. It came with a key, just like the old Spam cans used to come with. Thanks Peter, you've been extremely helpful! :-) >Well, you'll need a can-opener, Jim.>Hope I've been helpful.>Peter Sydney Australia

Thank you Gosta, for your quick response. I was planning on just spinning CD #4 on my nose. I thought the PC and Windows was optional.I guess until SquawkBox 3 is released, I'll have to shelve using FS2004 for VATSIM flights.Is there any kind of time frame for a FS2004 version of SquawkBox to be released?Thanks for pointing out the need for a new version of SquawkBox, I had forgotten about that.>You'd also need a PC and a copy of Windows :). >>But seriously, for Vatsim, you'll need a new version of>squawkbox, which hasn't been released yet, apart from that>you're more or less all set.>>Cheers,>>Gosta.>>http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg> >