Sign in to follow this  
shafs

windows 7

Hi guys i am banging my head on this one i have win7 64bit and it has been freezing up just about every flight. i have tried all the MS ideas like clean up the programs in the back ground and created a new user and gave it admin rights. what happens most of the time is as you can see on the picture when i got to say map i get whats in the picture. hope someone can help..

Guest firehawk44

You should check your Event Viewer and see if there was a module or file that caused the crash. Does this happen everytime you touch or open something in the menu bar? If so, you may have a bad install of the video card drivers. Other than that, you'll have to provide a bit more info, like system specs, are FSX settings set to max. A lot of crashes are caused by a missing gauge or module that FSX is trying to call up and can't find.Best regards,Jim

You should check your Event Viewer and see if there was a module or file that caused the crash. Does this happen everytime you touch or open something in the menu bar? If so, you may have a bad install of the video card drivers. Other than that, you'll have to provide a bit more info, like system specs, are FSX settings set to max. A lot of crashes are caused by a missing gauge or module that FSX is trying to call up and can't find.Best regards,Jim
Hi Jim first of all how do check my event viewer? and here are my specs. intelR2quad CPU Q9650 3.00 ghz and 4gid of corsair ram GTX285 1 gig of ram.update i found the event viewer and here is what i found fsx.exe 10.0.61472.0 475e17d3 unknown 0.0.0.0 00000000 c0000005 f845c7d0 504 01cab54b5574159c D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe unknown 3411537e-214b-11df-bb42-001fd080a7dd

here is some more below i uninstalled some software like weather and x grahics and just ran two of my payware aircraft to see what would happen and FS force. and dont run my sliders on full i run about mid on most. getting about 20 to 30frames on say the MD11 in vC and 2d heapsFaulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x00690000Faulting process id: 0x994Faulting application start time: 0x01cab5dad2164918Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: unknownReport Id: 44f1057e-21e0-11df-9082-001fd080a7dd

Guest firehawk44
here is some more below i uninstalled some software like weather and x grahics and just ran two of my payware aircraft to see what would happen and FS force. and dont run my sliders on full i run about mid on most. getting about 20 to 30frames on say the MD11 in vC and 2d heapsFaulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x00690000Faulting process id: 0x994Faulting application start time: 0x01cab5dad2164918Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: unknownReport Id: 44f1057e-21e0-11df-9082-001fd080a7dd
I found the following link concerning your issue through Google: http://www.updatexp.com/0xC0000005.html. Your issue didn't indicate a module so I would suspect a memory problem (even though you are running at 20-30 FPS!). The link I provided describes several other potential solutions which only you will be able to determine. I know that with my system I cannot run Active Sky Advanced, the default weather program, or the PMDG 747 at the same time. Even though I get 30 plus frames, I'll usually end up with a crash like you had. I have found no solution to this problem other than to not use real weather. You might not use any weather too (other than the FSX default) and see if that stops your crashes too. Hope you can figure out what is causing your issue!Best regards,Jim

Last night i wiped my hard drives and did a full install of windows. and FSX and didn't run real weather but i did install my MD11. set up a flight and hit the sack. when i got up i checked to see if it was still going and it was great news but wait as soon as i went to the map page it froze up. So i thought my hard drive is getting old and i went got a fresh one. did the whole thing again same setup as last night and but from seattle to uath. and it worked but it does not mean it will not freez again.Paul

Guest firehawk44
Last night i wiped my hard drives and did a full install of windows. and FSX and didn't run real weather but i did install my MD11. set up a flight and hit the sack. when i got up i checked to see if it was still going and it was great news but wait as soon as i went to the map page it froze up. So i thought my hard drive is getting old and i went got a fresh one. did the whole thing again same setup as last night and but from seattle to uath. and it worked but it does not mean it will not freez again.Paul
And it does not freeze when you open the map page? It does sound like you had a hardware problem or a bad install of the video or sound card driver. You sure have been busy uninstalling, reinstalling, then getting a new hard drive and reinstalling again! I would be careful moving any of your FSX sliders up much until your system stablilizes. Best regards,Jim

Hi jim It didn't last night so i thats a start. but i did aviod the opening the map page when i was in the air. but after i landed and taxied to the gates i tried it a few time and it was ok. i am not going to touch the settings for now and have you had problems with real weather and real grathics? I am reluctent to add any more software i will wait and see what happens. do you use traffic soft ware and if so i is it a good one.Paul

Just had another crash here the log report.Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x50fc458dFaulting process id: 0xf6cFaulting application start time: 0x01cab76c881af28cFaulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: unknownReport Id: b141c9d2-239e-11df-9ae0-001fd080a7dd

Guest firehawk44
Just had another crash here the log report.Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x50fc458dFaulting process id: 0xf6cFaulting application start time: 0x01cab76c881af28cFaulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: unknownReport Id: b141c9d2-239e-11df-9ae0-001fd080a7dd
That's the same exception code you reported before so my previous response still applies. However, did you keep your dll.xml file when you uninstalled/reinstalled FSX? Your dll.xml is looking for a module that is not in your module folder or not properly installed. If the dll.xml file is corrupted or is showing a module that does not exist in your module folder (like PMDG.dll or FSUIPC.dll), then that 'might' be causing the crash. Next, your version of fsx is 10.0.61472.0. I have Acceleration which is version 10.0.61637.0. I'm just wondering if you have SP1/SP2 installed. As I recall, PMDG requires SP2 as one of the requirements.Hope this helps.Best regards,Jim

I cured my high altitude lockups with Win 7 64 by upgrading the the latest bios. Still battling low altitude prior to landing lockups. :(KJ

Hay guysI did a search for the error i was getting on the net and and found some people who where haveing the same problems when going to map view and and other things. they have been droping this file in UIAutomationCore.dll.So i will try this and report back. And jim i am useing SP1 and 2 Paul

Guest firehawk44
Hay guysI did a search for the error i was getting on the net and and found some people who where haveing the same problems when going to map view and and other things. they have been droping this file in UIAutomationCore.dll.So i will try this and report back. And jim i am useing SP1 and 2 Paul
Yes, I recall that too. You have to have the proper .NET (commonly called dotnet) software installed and/or the proper 2005 Redistributable or the program will not install properly. As I stated earlier, I thought it was a missing "dll" or module that was causing your problem. The problem was just finding that missing file. Hope the "fix" works. If not, I would google dotnet and/or 2005 redistributable and download the files available.Best regards,Jim

Thanks Jim i have had a few flight today and it seems ok. I will wait a bit befopre i put all my weather programs back on and the PMDG 747.regards Paul