Sign in to follow this  
Rndguy35

If ever in Minneapolis, you have to try this!

Just had to share this with you guys......For my birthday, my wife suprised me with an hour of flight simulation at a place called ACES Flight Simulation in the Mall of America in Bloomington, MN. You have the choice of doing a warbird (my choice) or jet aircraft. Both types have multiple types but seem to be limited to the D models of the p47 and p51. You can do :30 or 1 hour. Prices are reasonable. The setting is WWII and active shooting and flying. Dynamics were ok, except I couldn't control my flaps or gear that was done by a person who was in the 'tower' (of which you are in touch with via-real life aviation headsets. Lastly as you fire the seat actually vibrates, I am sure much like the real thing. Finally at the end, I was able to put a Corsair on an aircraft carrier. Anyway...just had to share....Buzz thinks I have taken my flight sim to a new level. The wife took pictures to prove it! :) Just so we don't feel alone, there is always a waiting list to get in. Have to use your credit card number to reserve your spot with an hour cancellation policy. I had to wait a whole day just to get in early the next day. Enjoy

Travis.png?dl=1

They have something similar out here in San Diego at the MIdway Museum. From what I recall they had quite a few stations setup with several full cockpits, I think mostly jets. I haven't done it but it looked fun. Vicious