Sign in to follow this  
Guest Newfiebro

Flight Plans

Guest Newfiebro

Hello,I purchased Radar Contact recently and have run into a small problem regarding Flight Plans. In order to learn how to use RC correctly I decided to fly the Tutorials as recommended.I created a flight plan within FSCommander (version 8.2.1) and saved it [KDSM - KORD] but am unable to load it into Radar Contact. I have tried closing all programs and restarting, with the result that I am able to open the flight plan back into FSC but it doesn't show up as being available to load when I select FS200xFlight Plan(*pln) in the RC menu.Is there something I'm not doing correcting , or, more importantly, does RC support (and load) flight plans created with FSCommander?Any help and/or advice you may offer will be appreciated and I thank you in advance.Clay

Hello,I purchased Radar Contact recently and have run into a small problem regarding Flight Plans. In order to learn how to use RC correctly I decided to fly the Tutorials as recommended.I created a flight plan within FSCommander (version 8.2.1) and saved it [KDSM - KORD] but am unable to load it into Radar Contact. I have tried closing all programs and restarting, with the result that I am able to open the flight plan back into FSC but it doesn't show up as being available to load when I select FS200xFlight Plan(*pln) in the RC menu.Is there something I'm not doing correcting , or, more importantly, does RC support (and load) flight plans created with FSCommander?Any help and/or advice you may offer will be appreciated and I thank you in advance.Clay
if you send me an email, i'll send you the .pln files. they shouold have been installed when you installed rcin fscommander, or any flight planner, simply save the flight plan in fs9 .pln file format or fsx .pln file format. every planner is different, and i don't own any of them, so i can't give you step by step, click by click instructions. but i'm guessing it would be something like clicking file/save as/fs9 .plnjd

Guest Newfiebro
if you send me an email, i'll send you the .pln files. they shouold have been installed when you installed rcin fscommander, or any flight planner, simply save the flight plan in fs9 .pln file format or fsx .pln file format. every planner is different, and i don't own any of them, so i can't give you step by step, click by click instructions. but i'm guessing it would be something like clicking file/save as/fs9 .plnjd
Thanks for the reply John. Received .pln files , installed and it looks like everything is going to work just fine :( Really appreciate the help.Clay