Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcomm

FS2004 - Some nice little improvements

Here's some thigns I've discovered:1. Trim was vastly improved - each press of the button/key now does a very small amount, which makes it very easy to trim for level flight. It's MUCH better than 2002.2. Ground friction is fixed - it no longer requires like 70% N1 to get a 737 moving...3. Airports are visible much further out now, that combined with the beacons makes it easy to see where you're landing, even at night.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest CargoMun

I love the ATC function that you can make an IFR flight while enroute and have ATC vector you correctly. The fact that you will get the choice to either fly the route where you are in the skies or move A/C to the start airport is a great improvement :)

Hi from Scotland.Still waiting on FS2004 to land here, it is due in tomorrow - but it sure sounds like it is well received by the majority.I have been following quite a few of the threads here on AVSIM and from what I consider of the kind of comments being made it is gonna be a whole lot of new fun flying this sim.Thanks guys for all the positive information - big and small - hopefully I will get a chance to add some quite soon.PS - Game in Glasgow Scotland are offering some additional software [8 or 9 FS2004 compatible Military Aircraft - forget the software name]when you purchase FS2004 for the usual price - they have the packaging on display now - software is available from tomorrow.RogerEGPF.

I love the fact that when you press the key in cockpit view, you get the instruments of the plane you're flying, instead of the 172!!!I love the fact that scenery seems greener. There seems to be hundreds of little changes all for the better.

I like that you can change the loading as well as the fuel.And the taxi-way signs too.And I even saw a cooling tower from a power plant! Not sure its in the right place but still cool to see.

>I found the crew facilities in the cabin to be much improved>then in FS2K2. The toilet paper actually spins on the rack and>there is a better selection of reading material.Not got fs2004 yet in the uk...arrives tomorrow so I was really appreciating all these serious positive comments (a refreshing change from the predominent moans)and suddenly it really was a case of spontaneous LOL. An excellent crack and one that I'd be proud of in any situation! Well done.

- always 'flat' roads. No more 'side tilted' roads on 'heavy' terrain. :-)

- always 'flat' roads. No more 'side tilted' roads on 'heavy' terrain. :-)

Guest metamarty

Did you know that FS2004 now has a different propellor sound when the pitch of the propellor is coarse? Try the 182 on the ground and pull back the RPM lever.

Guest ssurjap

If you go to KIAG and look at the north end of the runway of 28R, you'll se a chicken on a pole. I don't know whether it's an eating establishment or a factory, or what since I'm not from that area, but it's pretty cool.

For you guys that dont have your copy of FS2004 yet, keep in mind that the people that ARE happy with the product generally will not post, they're too busy flying :) People usually post when they have a problem.

Well, it has been pointed out several times, but I think this is such an important one, ground friction, which has been VASTLY improved. You - finally! - can start taxiing your Cessna below 2000RPM or so... LOL!! :-lol ;-)And thanks to whoever posted this, that the mixture has changed and really slows the engine down instead of just killing it. Nice thing.I also love the dozens of possible approaches, from ILS over LOC/DME, NDB, GPS as well as even RNAV approaches. Really great!! :-hah Also multiple runway support. Also that *very* little new thing: ATC let's you "taxi into position and hold" prior to take off, which *really* increases traffic flow, especially in the rush hours.Also improved: AI traffic taxi speed (20 knots now). Better approach seperation. AI makes more intelligent use of their lights, e. g. they turn on the strobes prior to take off.Cloud lighting.Lens flares.An endless list, actually. To be continued by someone else, please. ;-)Take care,Etienne :-wave

Guest vas_yan

I spotted a DC-3 parked in Honolulu Airport. I didn't wait to see if it took off though I highly doubt it. Nice anyway.

Guest CargoMun

That reminds me, that when I decompiled the AI Traffic from FS2004 I did notice that even the old classic default airplanes such as TriMotor and DC3 does have flights as well. Wasnt alot but each had 2-3 different ones :)The one you saw at Hawaii probably would be one of them.