Sign in to follow this  
steve_1979

Where are the Win 7 bass/treble controls?

Hello,I have a Loitech G51 5.1 speaker system on my PC which is great except for 1 small problem. Every time I switch the computer off at the wall socket the speakers 'forget' the bass volume settings then when I switch the PC back on they revert back to the default settings which has far too much bass. This means I have to manually adjust the bass setting on the speakers every time I switch my PC on.With Windows XP this wasn't a problem because there was an adjustment for the bass/treble settings in the Windows sound mixer so I just turned the bass volume down in Windows and left the speakers on their default setting. However, I've been unable to find these bass/treble settings in Windows 7, can anyone help?

I don't see any adjustments in W7 for treble and base either.Doesn't Logitech have software? Maybe the adjustments are in their software.

No there was no software included with the speakers.I'm using the motherboards onboard sound with the default drivers that came with Windows so there are no adjustments there either. I could problably download a program from the internet that would do the job but I don't really want to add any extra unnecessary software to my PC if it can be helped.

To adjust bass and treble in Windows 7:1. Right click on the speaker icon in the system tray and select "Playback Devices".2. When the Sound window opens select your default device (usually Speakers) by clicking on it (it will be highlighted when selected).3. When you have clicked on your default sound device the "Properties" button in the lower right of the Sound window will enable.4. Click the "Properties" button and the "Speaker Properties" window will open.5. At the top of the "Speaker Properties" window you will see several tabs and the second tab from the left is titled "Tone".When you click the "Tone" tab you will find the bass and treble adjustments although they are labeled Bass and Treble "Balance" .Todd