Sign in to follow this  
Icarus

Black runways

Several days after installing REX, blue screen and crash. 'Kernel error...boot disc failure.' After that, all hard runways and tarmac/concrete areas in FSX and Orbis FTX turned black, sometimes with multi-colour stripes as well. No grass/turf/gravel runways were affected. Now the new Orbis PNW shows the same errors. Given that REX replaces default textures, I suspeted a link, but that was discounted. I have tried rebuilding FSX cfg, running Acceleration repair, changing video driver, handing PC to a computer engineer who is also a flightsim addict. He did find and kill a virus which presumably caused the initial crash, and possibly could have affected runway textures. But still no cure for the black runways. I have ransacked Google, but could find only a single similar case, and the trick which solved that - switching off/on the filtering on the FSX in-game graphics tab - doesn't work for me.Any suggestions or clues would be much appreciatedPeter

Several days after installing REX, blue screen and crash. 'Kernel error...boot disc failure.' After that, all hard runways and tarmac/concrete areas in FSX and Orbis FTX turned black, sometimes with multi-colour stripes as well. No grass/turf/gravel runways were affected. Now the new Orbis PNW shows the same errors. Given that REX replaces default textures, I suspeted a link, but that was discounted. I have tried rebuilding FSX cfg, running Acceleration repair, changing video driver, handing PC to a computer engineer who is also a flightsim addict. He did find and kill a virus which presumably caused the initial crash, and possibly could have affected runway textures. But still no cure for the black runways. I have ransacked Google, but could find only a single similar case, and the trick which solved that - switching off/on the filtering on the FSX in-game graphics tab - doesn't work for me.Any suggestions or clues would be much appreciatedPeter
Looks like you might have a texture missing?

Thanks, Jon. But how do I find which texture?
Probably the simplest would be to run setup again and use the repair option to put back any texture files that may have been lost.