Sign in to follow this  
Per167

Graphics not updating when running FS9 in window mode

Hello,I have a problem with FS9 that is about to drive me nuts. Everything basically worked fine until I decided to reinstall the application a couple of days ago. I can't even remeber why I wanted to do it in the first place. Anyway, since the reinstall I have a very strange problem. When running the application in full screen mode everything works fine. But I normally run it in windowed mode so I can look at charts in Navigraph while I'm flying and since the reinstall the graphics won't update when running in windowed mode. If I try to look left or right with the hat switch in the 2D-cockpit the same outside view is "painted" (frozen) in the window. In VC and spot plane view nothing happens when I try to move the point-of-view (or change a switch in VC). If i minimize the window and then bring it up again the image has updated so I know it's "only" the graphics that is not working. There seems to be a way around it though. If I undock the window the graphiocs update - just like in fullscreen mode. As soon as I "dock" it back the problem reappears again. The problem is that for some add-on aircraft (Yak-40 by SD in my case) it doesn't really work to undock the view as I then can't see the panel in the 2D-view.Did anyone see anything like this? Do you have any suggestions on what might be wrong? I have already updated the graphics driver to the latest version. Windows is also updated with all the latest updates. FSX runs fine in windowed mode. Just like FS9 did before I i reinstalled it..System spec:AMD Phenom II X4 9454GB DDR2 memoryATI Radeon 4670 1GB graphics cardWindows Vista x64Samsung SyncMaster 2494HS LCD-screenRegards,Per Isacson

In Windows 7 at least, one has to right-click FS9.exe and choose Disable desktop composition on the Compatibility tab. Not sure about the exact wording in Vista and if it solves your problem, but it's worth checking out.

Mike...

Wonderful! You just solved my problem. Now I'm back to where I was before starting with the reinstalling.. A big thanks!