Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Caution on loading FS2002 aircraft

Just a caution when loading 3rd party aircraft.I tried loading a Stearman Keydet into FS-9 and recieved a message that some features may not work. I clicked proceed anyway.After clicking the "Fly Now" button the gauges did not show. All the other views displayed okay, even though the prop wasn't turning with the engine running.The point I want to make is that I immediately closed the sim and deleted the folder with the new aircraft since it didn't work anyway.When I started back up the program was looking for a paint texture from the Stearman and would crash back to the desktop.The problem was that the Stearman was still stored as a "previous flight".To correct the problem I again copied the files back into FS9, ran the sim using a different aircraft. Then closed the sim and deleted the Stearman files again. Everything worked fine afterward.Hope this will save someone a few headaches.Roy Warren

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I only loaded about 5 planes so far into FS2004 and luckly they all worked. I didn't load any FS2002 panels into FS2004, but the planes I loaded so far work.