Sign in to follow this  
Guest ordmr

Resizing Aircraft Textures

Guest ordmr

Recently, I just grabbed some textures off the iFDG A320-211 Airbus and tried do downgrade them from 1024x1024 to 512x512.I'm totally new at this resizing business. The problem: Aircraft's no longer loading up. FS9 crashes when prompted to load the plane.Solutions please?Files resized were: engine.bmp, fuse.bmp, Gear2.bmp, Misc2.bmpPrograms used to resize: DXTBmp + PhotoshopThanks!

I don't think you can do that.The 3D model has those textures mapped based on their original size.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I think you can actually. I just tried it with fuse.bmp (iFDG A320) and it worked. It loaded normally and they really didn't look too bad as long as you don't get too close. Did you re-process the .bmps through DXTBmp after you PhotoShopped them? Should have been Programs used to resize: DXTBmp + Photoshop + DXTBmp. Save them as DXT3 with the "MipMaps: include when saving" box unchecked since you're obviously trying to lighten the load.I batch-resized (and mipped) my entire WOAI installation a while back. It made a noticable difference in the stuttering around high-traffic airports.Jim