Sign in to follow this  
Guest greg613

How to get rid of Fence caused by TileProxy?

Guest greg613

Hey does anyone know how to get rid of the fence caused by tileproxy?Typically this fence is transparent before installing tileproxy, now after installing it, it makes it more visible. Therefore lowing the FPS even further.Anyone know how to get rid of this fence or fix it?Edit: The fence im talking about is the airport fence that borders every single airport.

Airport fences are part of airport definitions. TileProxy has NO bearing on that issue. They just are more obvious perhaps. There does not appear to be any detail level that is adjustable in the scenery files but they are also NOT at every airport.I find them annoying also at some locations and just edit them out with ADE (Airport Design Editor) while I'm aligning runways to match the photoscenery. I should have all the airports fixed by the year 2525 or thereabouts...Loyd

Have you tried setting Scenery detail to the lowest setting in FS?

Guest greg613

Lloyd explain why before I installed it, it was more transparent, then after i installed it it was made clearly visible and made it slow down my fps. Tile proxy does infact make that fence appear more and slow the fps down. Deleting every fence using the ADE is a rather tedious task, which is why i came here asking if anyone knew how to get rid of the problem.Perhaps deleted the texture/paint of the fence?

At least at the airport I checked, lowering the scenery level did nothing. Looking at the same airport in ADE, the only adjustable parameter is fence style... you can't adjust the detail level but you can delete the fence.There is a properties description which suggests it is not an model object but an autogen object. Textures for such, like bridge textures and many other items are just a small part of an image that contains textures for many things. It's not just a singe image that you can delete. But autogen at full left does not remove the fences either.I don't see any solution for the issue. Loydafterthought edit: fences at most GA airports I've seen are a single object. Open airport.Select fence.press delete.Compile airport.Select next airport.Repeat.should take about 2 minutes each for the airports you most frequently visit.

Guest cbuchner1

Maybe replacing the texture representing the fence could help. But the problem is: which file is the airport fence?

Guest zappa

i had the same problem but i found out what it was. Tp puts a line in your fsx cfg under your display device sectiondelete this line.MipBias=6worked for me. i also found the diplay device section was enterd in the cfg twice , once in its normal place and again at the end off the cfg.Hope this helps.zappa

Guest zappa

acturly thinking about it. i only deleted the MipBias=6 line from 1 of the dislpay device sections to start, befor i notice that the display device section was enterd twice! so first see if its enterd twice in the cfg and delete 1 of them see if that works. zappa.