Sign in to follow this  
steve_1979

Dissapearing clouds

In FSX about once every couple of minutes some of the clouds flash off for a fraction of a second. They don't flicker or anything like that they simply disappear for about half a second then reappear again. Also, I don't know if this is related but occasionally a bit of the ground texture (a 1024x1024 square tile I think) turn white for half a second then reappear.This is not a problem with ASA because it still happens even when ASA isn't running.

Guest Shockwave
Flashing clouds is a well known bug in FSX. There is a cure that Nick Needham developed with instructions RIGHT HERE. See you up there.Stephen
Thanks alot for posting that Stephen! I could never find it no matter what I used in the search menu...prolaby dint yous the cerect spelliin

Can happen with bad video drivers too and I've a feeling some AA settings can have this effect.It's one of the many issues i'm having with W7 64 bit at the moment and the other issues are so bad, I'm going back to XP as I note a few other FSX users have chosen to do.IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)