Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest shinysuitman

G940 or X52 Pro

Which Joystick  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which joystick should I buy?

• Logitech G940
    • Saitek X52

Guest shinysuitman

So I've flown for 4 years and at least a million miles with my trusty Saitek X52.It's getting creaky and hard to fly with it. I'm looking for a replacement. I fly mostly in FSX although I do bring out HAWX once a month. I mostly fly big tin but ocassionally I bring out some fighters and GA birds. There are 2 candidates for the replacement of my stick listed in the poll above. I looked at the Saitek X-65 but it's beyond my price range. I read the reviews at Amazon for both sticks and I need some more input. My current X52 was amazing up until about last year, but I think the G940 looks promising too. Please help me choose the right stick.Thanks in advance

Guest BradHosking

I have a G940 and previously had a Saitek X45 unit.At present the X52 would be the better of the two units purely from a support perspective. Logitech's support for drivers for the G940 is to put it bluntly c r a p.However this month they are planning on finially releasing their 5.09 software. If this doesn't fix issues that I expect fixing, the unit is going back to place of purchase.If you can hold out for a little and wait, then make a decision in a few weeks when issues hopefully are resolved.At present their are quite a few G940 owners who are not very happy with what Logitech promised and what they have delivered.

I have the G940 which replaced my X52. I agree with the last poster. Go to the Logitech forum for the G940 and see the comments and problems. http://forums.logitech.com/t5/PC-Gaming/bd-p/pcgaming. Then make an informed decision. I have read the different reviews and they do not match up to my experience.Lynn

Lynn Fisher

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

33%
    $8,485.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now