Sign in to follow this  

1 fps on ground with FS9

Hello guys,I have a really big problem. When I land an aircraft (Lear 45, 747, 777) fps drop to 1 - 2 from around 20 - 25 fps. It doesn't matter where it touch down. I can do a low overfly and get the 20 - 25 fps but as soon as my wheels touch down it is finish. I use a 2 GHz P4, Win XP, 512 MB RAM and FS9. I never had this problem in FS2002.Any help is GREATLY appreciated because FS9 is so great but this little thing makes it nearly unusable.Greetings,Christopher

hehe, yeap! That might be the reason I only get 1 fps. ;-)I use a nVidia GeForce 4 Ti4600. Sorry for not mentioning.

Guest CargoMun

Have you tried pausing the game when it happens and leaving for like 20 seconds then see what happens when pressing p again?Otherwise my only guess would be some error in an effect file i.e. smoke from touching down maybe...

Guest GamePlayer

Turn off Autogen and see if that fixes it. Or you can change the autogen setting to a different setting and then change it back to what it was when you had the 1-2 fps and see if your frame rate goes up. I had to turn off Autogen because it would eventually slow down my system too much unless I go back to the menu and reload the autogen. Also you can trying lowering the 3D-Cloud Percentage or use plain clouds. It might be your sound card.

Guest Calb

I had the same thing happen but only once just as I touched down with the (default) DC-3.My card is a ASUS V8200 (Ti200) with 44.03 drivers.All I did was restart FS9 and the problem has not re-occured with the DC-3 or any other aircraft in 5 or 6 hours of flying.Cal

Chris,I had exactly the same problems until a few weeks ago when I posted the same question, someone, can't remember who now, suggested that if I had a force feedback joystick to disable force feedback. I have the old m/s sidewinder ff pro and when I disabled the forces everything was perfect, no drop in frame rates on touchdown whatsoever. If you are using a similar joystick try it.Good luck,Pete