Sign in to follow this  
patcal

Flyable MD83 and D8

I downloaded the MD83 and D8 flyable pack. I got the textures for the MD83 to work, but there appears to be only the America West textures in the D8 zip file. I put those in the right texture folder, but have the stock paintjobs for the texture and texture 2 folders. Does anyone have the Continental and Alaska Air textures in the zip they downloaded? Is it me or are they missing? thanks!!

Same here.Pat

Pat Callaghan
AMD FX-8350 4.0ghz. Asus M5A97 MB
16gig Crucial DDR3 ram, Radeon HD-7970 Video
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

I installed the MD83 textures adding to the original textures that came with FS9. So now I have the Soar, Airwave, Pacifica, American, Continental and Alaska Airlines.I tried the aircraft and they flew just fine, using the default B737-400 panels. However, there is an error in the texture file for Alaska Airlines. On the starboard side of the aircraft, the name Alaska is written backwards (mirror image of the port side.)Have not tried the Dash-8 files yet.I also found textures for the default B737-400 which replaces the default airlines with American, Contnental, Delta, United and USAirways. Or as I also did, you can edit the files and make 10 different 737s with the five default and the five real airlines.Bob

There seems to be several errors in the files. I wrote to the author but have not received any answer. The Panel folder is missing (if I remember it's the MD83) You have to look at the panel.cfg and see what bmp's go into the panel and put them into a newly created Panel folder. The textures are not arranged in the correct folders either. They are in the main folders and I think they should be in each texture folder. I don't know which one goes where. I finally got the panels to work OK. If anyone knows which texture file goes where, please post a message here. Regards, bob.

I had to create a PANEL folder and add the BMPs and panel.cfg to it. I renamed the texture files texture.American = texture.3; texture.Continental = texture.4 and texture.Alaska = texture.5 Then I edited the new aircraft.cfg file bringing over the three planes from the default and modifying the new planes as follows:[fltsim.3]title=McDonnell-Douglas/Boeing MD-83 Paint3sim=MD_83model=panel=sound=texture=3kb_checklists=MD_83_checkkb_reference=MD_83_refatc_id=N788AAatc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_airline=Americanatc_flight_number=1123ui_manufacturer=McDonnell-Douglas/Boeingui_type="MD-83"ui_variation="American Airlines"[fltsim.4]title=McDonnell-Douglas/Boeing MD-83 Paint4sim=MD_83model=panel=sound=texture=4kb_checklists=MD_83_checkkb_reference=MD_83_refatc_id=N490COatc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_airline=Continentalatc_flight_number=1123ui_manufacturer=McDonnell-Douglas/Boeingui_type="MD-83"ui_variation="Continental"[fltsim.5]title=McDonnell-Douglas/Boeing MD-83 Paint5sim=MD_83model=panel=sound=texture=5kb_checklists=MD_83_checkkb_reference=MD_83_refatc_id=N286ASatc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_airline=Alaskaatc_flight_number=1123ui_manufacturer=McDonnell-Douglas/Boeingui_type="MD-83"ui_variation="Alaska Airlines"Other than the Alaska mixup in the texture file, they all work fine.Bob

How do you know which texture files go where? Right now the textues are in the main MD83 and Dash 8 folders, not in the texture folders. I fixed the panel problem in both A/C but the textures have me stumped. Please let us know where they go by exact folder and filenames. I wrote to the author but have not yet received an answer. Thanks, regards, Bob.